Question: Is there a "sweat" or "wet sheen" plugin for Photoshop?

B
Posted By
Bernie
Jan 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Fungusamungus
Feb 2, 2006
<Victor> wrote in message | thanks

considering how sweat/sheen and it’s reflectivity would be dependent upon a] the light source available, and b] the contour of the person/object it’s resting on, neither of which can be determined by anything even remotely resembling Photoshop, I’m going to say "no".

And before you think my answer to be smartass, I offer you this thought:

When asking/wondering about a plugin, think about what you want that plugin to do, then consider the probability that it’s even possible.

That being said, you *can* get a similar effect to a sheen, but not in one fell swoop. You’d still have to basically define the contours (by creating selections), and that would probably be even more time consuming than actually painting in the sheen with the brush tool.
SG
Scott Glasgow
Feb 2, 2006
fungusamungus wrote:
<Victor> wrote in message
thanks

considering how sweat/sheen and it’s reflectivity would be dependent upon a] the light source available, and b] the contour of the person/object it’s resting on, neither of which can be determined by anything even remotely resembling Photoshop, I’m going to say "no".

When asking/wondering about a plugin, think about what you want that plugin to do, then consider the probability that it’s even possible.
That being said, you *can* get a similar effect to a sheen, but not in one fell swoop. You’d still have to basically define the contours (by creating selections), and that would probably be even more time consuming than actually painting in the sheen with the brush tool.

Good point. When I saw this question I considered for a moment that perhaps one of the raindrop or water filters/actions might work, but even then, as you point out, there would be a good deal of tricky selections to make, even assuming one could decide where to apply the effect(s).
B
Bernie
Feb 2, 2006
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:57:39 GMT, "fungusamungus" wrote:

<Victor> wrote in message | thanks

Never occurred to me to think that. I agree on the complexity of the issue which is why I asked if there was such a plugin. And, if such does exist I suspect it would be among those very expensive ones.

How do you do that? Brush in a sheen? I don’t know much about photoshop and brushes.
B
Bernie
Feb 2, 2006
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:07:41 -0500, "Scott Glasgow" wrote:

fungusamungus wrote:
<Victor> wrote in message
thanks

Good point. When I saw this question I considered for a moment that perhaps one of the raindrop or water filters/actions might work, but even then, as you point out, there would be a good deal of tricky selections to make, even assuming one could decide where to apply the effect(s).
I’ve tried the typical "rain drop" and water filters for this effect and it really doesn’t work very well at all. Good for that look of standing in the rain when actually indoors, however.
F
Fungusamungus
Feb 2, 2006
<Victor> wrote in message | How do you do that? Brush in a sheen? I don’t know much about photoshop and
| brushes.

That would be a more traditional painting technique 🙂 Find a few photos for reference, see how the light plays on the objects, and try to emulate it. Difficult? Maybe, but it will definetly take a little practice.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections