B
Posted By
bert
Jan 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo. Mythbusters is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as well as boys above that age.
I’m going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that can help me in the correct direction?

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

Posted by news://news.nb.nu

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AM
Andrew Morton
Jan 12, 2006
Bert L.am wrote:
I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo. Mythbusters is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as well as boys above that age.
I’m going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that can help me in the correct direction?

Well, if your son’s name uses only letters from M,Y,T,H,B,U,S,E,R,S then you could go to http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.ht ml, cut the letters out and arrange them appropriately.

Otherwise, would you get in trouble if you used the kitchen for casting metal?

(There are plenty of Photoshop tutorials findable with google, at a quick glance it looks like you could combine some from www.myjanee.com to get the desired effect.)

Andrew
F
Fungusamungus
Jan 12, 2006
"Bert L.am" wrote in message |I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo. Mythbusters
| is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as | well as boys above that age.
| I’m going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking | background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that can
| help me in the correct direction?
|
| TIA
|
| B.ert L. from NL (EU)
|
|
|

The font they use looks like a simple "Stamp" font. As for the rest, a rounded, smooth (not too crisp) bevel, and for the texture, look up "rust".
N
noone
Jan 13, 2006
In article <43c66f5f$ says…

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

First thing I’d do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of your choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on the mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you’s do an emboss to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.

There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type- effects, but don’t have them on this machine, and cannot recall the producer.

Hunt
N
noone
Jan 14, 2006
In article , says…

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

First thing I’d do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of your choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on the mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you’s do an emboss to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type- effects, but don’t have them on this machine, and cannot recall the producer.
Hunt

While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact font that you need, to do the MythBuster’s treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and not having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG’s and inquire about Wobbly BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer similar or Wobbly.

Hunt
J
john
Jan 15, 2006
On 14 Jan 2006 22:25:28 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

In article , says…

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

Hunt

While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact font that you need, to do the MythBuster’s treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and not having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG’s and inquire about Wobbly BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer similar or Wobbly.

Hunt

A quick search in Google came up with

http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/static-Letter-W-10.html

John
B
bert
Jan 15, 2006
schreef in bericht

In article , says…
I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo. Mythbusters
is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as
well as boys above that age.
I’m going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that can
help me in the correct direction?

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

First thing I’d do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of your
choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on the
mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you’s do an emboss
to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might
fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type-
effects, but don’t have them on this machine, and cannot recall the producer.

Hunt

While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact
font that you need, to do the MythBuster’s treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and not
having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the
Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG’s and inquire about Wobbly
BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer similar
or Wobbly.

Hunt

John

Great. This has proved to be a great big help.
Many thanks from Holland (the country of tulips, cloggs, windmills and dikes)

B.ert L.

N
noone
Jan 15, 2006
In article , says
….

In article , says…
I would like to create (or rather emulate) the mythbusters logo.
Mythbusters
is a TV series on Discovery channel very popular with 12 year old boys as well as boys above that age.
I’m going to try to write my sons name in this style (metal looking background, metal letters, bevel). Has anyone ever seen a tutorial that
can
help me in the correct direction?

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

First thing I’d do is to make a mask for the outline of the letters (of
your
choice) and use a small, round, hard-edged brush with jitter, to work on
the
mask. The metal-like background can be easily made, and if you’s do an
emboss
to make the type appear to come out of it, the effect should be similar.
There are several add-ons that "distress" type. Some of those effects might fill the bill. Seems that AutoFX has one. Someplace, I have a pile of type- effects, but don’t have them on this machine, and cannot recall the
producer.
Hunt

While searching for a font (problem) on my system, I think I found the exact font that you need, to do the MythBuster’s treatment, Wobbly BRK. I do not recall where this font came from, but it has the distressed edge, that I suggested "making," with a mask. One good thing about using the font, and
not
having to work on an outline Selection, is that it will stay editible in the Text Layer. Might want to go to one of the fonts NG’s and inquire about
Wobbly
BRK. Also, www.whatthefont.com (I think that is correct), might offer
similar
or Wobbly.

Hunt

John

Excellent. Hope the OP follows his/her thread.

Hunt
N
noone
Jan 15, 2006
In article <43ca41a3$ says…
schreef in bericht
[SNIP]

John

Great. This has proved to be a great big help.
Many thanks from Holland (the country of tulips, cloggs, windmills and dikes)

B.ert L.

Great! Too often someone posts a request/question, and others jump in to help, only to never know if any of the thoughts or ideas actually helped.

Let us know how the project goes. One never knows when *they* will be called upon to do something similar.

Hunt
R
Rob
Jan 16, 2006
Bert L.am wrote:

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

or an action like

http://www.photolive.ru/usefull/utilities/Adobe-Photoshop-Ac tions1.html
K
KatWoman
Jan 16, 2006
"Rob" wrote in message
Bert L.am wrote:

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

or an action like

the guy has cracks for bootleg PS posted for Download?? amazing
SG
Scott Glasgow
Jan 16, 2006
KatWoman wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
Bert L.am wrote:

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

or an action like

What’s amazing to me is not that he has PS cracks posted (after all, it is Russia), but that you can read Cyrillic. Or did I miss a "Click here for English" button somewhere on the page. 😉
K
KatWoman
Jan 17, 2006
"Scott Glasgow" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
Bert L.am wrote:

TIA

B.ert L. from NL (EU)

or an action like

What’s amazing to me is not that he has PS cracks posted (after all, it is Russia), but that you can read Cyrillic. Or did I miss a "Click here for English" button somewhere on the page. 😉
no I can’t read Cyrillic
there is some text in English too, in the links to previous pages

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections