D
Posted By
deloid
Jan 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a folder with 5 gigs of tiff photos that I would like to compress to jpeg or just resize.
I tried the batch command hoping that I could save all the open files as jpeg but…it froze. Is this the correct method to use with smaller folders? Another program to use?

Win xp, pent 4, 1.5 gig rdram, CS2.

Thanks

Dean

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 12, 2006
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:57:39 -0700, "deloid" found these unused words floating about:

I have a folder with 5 gigs of tiff photos that I would like to compress to jpeg or just resize.
I tried the batch command hoping that I could save all the open files as jpeg but…it froze. Is this the correct method to use with smaller folders? Another program to use?

Thanks

Dean
They shouldn’t be OPEN for an action !

OPEN _ONE_ create the action.
Delete the converted file and then run the action on the original folder. That should work – I do similar conversions repeatedly for my Dimage files.
HL
Harry Limey
Jan 12, 2006
"deloid" wrote in message

Another program to use?

Irfanview – Free and very good at it’s job

http://www.irfanview.com/
C
Clyde
Jan 12, 2006
deloid wrote:

Thanks

Dean

Why don’t you use the Image Processor built into CS2? You won’t find a better way. It will convert between PSD, TIFF, and JPEG and give the option to resize and pick the quality.

Select all your pictures in Bridge. Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor.

There is a bug or two in there though. Don’t try to run an action with it at the bottom. It always crashes Image Processor for me. Sometimes it also has a problem with converting profiles. That seems to be when the file is in a mode other than RGB. For example, it doesn’t handle converting the profile to sRGB on a grayscale file. It crashes IP.

Just converting any file that Photoshop can open to PSD, TIFF, and/or JPEG works great. This step is also nice for getting your copyright statement in the whole batch.

Clyde

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections