TL
Posted By
T_Lane
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is a new MultiProcessor Update posted on Adobe’s Web site as of 7/7/04 (multiProcessorUpdate-j.zip).

The file seems corrupted to me – the plugin as extracted has the following file name: ègÆú.8BX (the subdirectory it is placed in also has a corrupted file name).

I downloaded it several times to ensure it was not a download problem.

Anyone have success with this file download?

Thanks,

Ted

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jul 8, 2004
wrote:

Anyone have success with this file download?

I have just downloaded it. It has a funny name here to when it’s extracted (ègÆú.8BX) and the ‘MultiProcessorUpdateReadMe_J.wri’ file is unreadable but if I rename the *.8BX-file to ‘MultiProcessor Support.8BX’ and follow the instructions here:
< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2577> – it works fine. (Multiprocessor support is visible inside Help > About Plug-In).

I would like to receive an e-mail when such updates are released. Anyone know if this is possible?

Regards
Madsen
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 8, 2004
I too see the same result with the 7/7/04 download, yet it compares identically in file size and modification date to the 5/10/04 download which does extract with the expected MultiProcessor Support.8BX name. Given the lack of an explanation of the differences between the two downloads, I wonder if the 7/7/04 might actually be for a different language where the file name is really the only difference?

Daryl
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
Jul 8, 2004
We’ll have someone take a look.

Thanks,

–Steph
AJ
Adam_Jerugim
Jul 8, 2004
The new post is for the Japanese version of the plug-in. The two plug-ins are functionally the same, the only difference is the read-me (the new one is posted in Japanese). I’m investigating the file name issue, but have a feeling that it may not be an issue if you’re running on a J OS.

-Adam

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections