TB
Posted By
Tim_Barwick
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone recommend a good program for viewing the fonts installed on my PC with example text?

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Donkey_Punch
Jul 2, 2004
Adobe Type Manager.
TM
The Magician
Jul 2, 2004
In article , says…
Can anyone recommend a good program for viewing the fonts installed on my PC with example text?
Thanks!

-=Tim=-

I’ve used Adobe Type Manager at work…and I found this for home use… The Font Thing

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

It’s free…easy to use…and I’d take it over Adobe type Manager anyday. HTH,
The Magician
RH
r_harvey
Jul 2, 2004
In Windows, go to the add/remove fonts view of the Fonts directory (use the Control Panel to get there, if you like). Double-click on a font file. Double-click on any TTF anywhere, and you’ll get a preview. You can also see font properties. See the MS typography site for a font properties extension utility.

And there are font managers…
RD
Ray_Daley
Jul 3, 2004
I have been using a program called "The Font Thing" for years now and find it to be quite user friendly.

You can set up several different views.
It is an Old Program (Latest version is 0.80 Beta 2 – released Dec. 22, 1999). The program works great with Windows95, 98, and XP (I have ran it on all three operating systems).

Here is the URL for the website, check out the features and view the screen shots. <http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html>

Hope this helps.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 3, 2004
I have Font Navigator from Bitstream. It is excellent.

They have now replaced it with Font Reserve which looks even better but costs more (about $75).

You can organise your fonts into groups and only load the group(s) you need, thus cutting down on system overhead and loading times.

Cheers – John
TB
Tim_Barwick
Jul 4, 2004
Thanks to everyone! I’m trying out "The Font Thing" and "FontLister"

🙂

-=Tim=-
E
E._Segen
Jul 9, 2004
Another no frills viewer (that is free) is the AK Font Viewer. It is small so it downloads and starts up fast and very, very simple to use.

<http://www.aksoft.net/progs/akfontviewer/>

It doesn’t manage fonts at all, it just allows you to view text that you input at the size that you indicate. What I like about it is that you don’t have to select a font to see what it looks like. It just lists all the fonts and as you type the sample text, a copy of that text appears next to the name of each font in the style of that font and the size that you indicate which is nice when you are thinking of a look or style but don’t have a specific font in mind.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections