DW
Posted By
Dan Williams
Nov 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A fellow created alogo for me several years ago.
It was saved as a .3ds file.
I can not longer contact the person that created th file, and would like to be able to open it in photoshop.
Can anyone advise how to import this file?
I think it was created with 3DStudio, but I do not have that or maybe lightwave?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
SCRUFF
Nov 23, 2005
"Dan Williams" wrote in message
I can not longer contact the person that created th file, and would like to be able to open it in photoshop.
I think it was created with 3DStudio, but I do not have that or maybe lightwave?

Did you try googling a .3ds file and see what it applies to? I did.
R
roy
Nov 23, 2005
you will need 3dmax to open this type of format.
DW
Dan Williams
Nov 23, 2005
Yes I did, that is why I said that I thought it was created in 3DStudio. I do not own 3DStudio, and do not care to.
All I was asking if "Can anyone advise how to import this file? "

"Scruff" wrote in message

Did you try googling a .3ds file and see what it applies to? I did.

B
BubblyBabs
Nov 25, 2005
In the previous message Dan Williams wrote:

If you wish to convert this yourself you could use a free program called Wings3D:
http://www.wings3d.com/
which is freeware… Convert it to a bmp file so you can open it in Photoshop… I have not attempted to open a 3ds file in Wings myself so I don’t know how well it works…

I tried opening/importing a 3ds file in Blender but it didn’t work…

Bryce can open many of the 3ds files though sometimes the larger files have parts open in wrong places and they must be fixed… I believe Lightwave can open 3ds files as well and does a better job of it then Bryce…… Once opened it could be saved to a bmp file… Go to the Bryce newsgroup to see if someone could convert it for you:
alt.binaries.3d.bryce

Many of the Bryce newsgroup frequenters also have Lightwave or some other 3D program that may open a 3ds file better than Bryce…

The lightwave newsgroup doesn’t seem to be active or I’d direct you there…

Babs

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections