David
Nov 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every now and again at random intervals when PS7 starts I get a message box:-

Color setting for Photoshop 7 will be configured using default settings
Do you wish to customize your settings now? You can choose Edit>Color setting to custmize them later

The choices are Yes & No. Well it’s not just colour settings that are lost. Tool presets are all gone, custom brushes & MRU gone. File > Open defaults to My Documents, a folder I never use for anything! This happens after a perfectly normal shut down of PS and Win XP.

I’d be grateful for any suggestions as to what is going on.

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DB
Dave B
Nov 4, 2005
"David" wrote in message
Every now and again at random intervals when PS7 starts I get a message box:-

Color setting for Photoshop 7 will be configured using default settings
Do you wish to customize your settings now? You can choose Edit>Color setting to custmize them later

The choices are Yes & No. Well it’s not just colour settings that are lost. Tool presets are all gone, custom brushes & MRU gone. File > Open defaults to My Documents, a folder I never use for anything! This happens after a perfectly normal shut down of PS and Win XP.
I’d be grateful for any suggestions as to what is going on.
David

Can’t tell you why it happens – I just know that when it does – it’s really really annoying. But there’s hope…

Just save a copy of the settings folder somewhere else on your computer – and when that happens, you can replace it into it’s original home. Saved me many times…

FYI – on my machine it’s at C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

Copy the entire folder…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections