DF
Posted By
Derek Fountain
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a 256×256 image which is just black and white stripes, each stripe being 4 pixels wide. I want to have stripes at 45deg as opposed to vertical, so I do a free transform and rotate. This antialiases, so my nice crisp stripes get fuzzy edges. Rotating the whole canvas does the same thing. Can I prevent this with PS7.01?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
tacitr
Dec 18, 2003
I have a 256×256 image which is just black and white stripes, each stripe being 4 pixels wide. I want to have stripes at 45deg as opposed to vertical, so I do a free transform and rotate. This antialiases, so my nice crisp stripes get fuzzy edges. Rotating the whole canvas does the same thing. Can I prevent this with PS7.01?

Yes. Edit your preferences so that the default interpolation method is Nearest Neighbor.

Remember to set it back to Bicubic when you’re done!

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
DF
Derek Fountain
Dec 19, 2003

Yes. Edit your preferences so that the default interpolation method is Nearest Neighbor.

Remember to set it back to Bicubic when you’re done!

Just what I wanted, thank you. :o)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections