CK
Posted By
Chris_Kaley
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Within the last couple of days, I have been unable to successfully launch Photoshop CS. When started, the initial window appears and it goes through the motions of starting up, but when it gets to "Reading Fonts" it just hangs and I can’t close it, even through Task Manager.

I’ve no idea what’s caused this, and I can’t seem to clear it, dspite completely uninstalling and reinstalling the programme.

Can’t find anything in the FAQs on the Adobe site, either.

Anyone got any ideas as to waht could be wrong,please?

Other Adobe products load successfully (Image Ready, Premiere and Illustrator)

Chris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobLevine
Jun 24, 2004
Trash your prefs. This is discussed in detail in the FAQs.

You must have missed it.

Bob
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jun 24, 2004
I think it’s also possible that one or more of your fonts is corrupted.

Move half of them out of their directory. Fault persists? the moved ones may be good. Move them back and move the other half.

Cut this in half as well and continue this way until you’ve isolated the bad font(s).

Rob
L
LenHewitt
Jun 25, 2004
Chris,

You should also search across all your drives for adobefnt*.LST files (there can be MANY of them!) and delete all you find – They will be automatically re-built as required.
CK
Chris_Kaley
Jun 26, 2004
Thanks all, for your help – I did miss the thread in the FAQs.

Have tried everything but moving fonts – so far no luck, will try the corrupt font search today.

Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections