HT
Posted By
harry_teasley
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone encounter weird UI behavior where Ctrl-Alt-[minus/equals] stops resizing the image window along with zooming the image? It works fine ofr a while, and then at some point, it just stops resizing the window. It zooms the image, but the window stays the same. There’s no way to get it to work again without shutting down PS and restarting it.

I can’t recall if I noticed this in PS7, but I think I did. I certainly get this behavior in PS8 a ton.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jun 24, 2004
I have PS 7 and it (doesnt) works the same there. Works for a while, then doesnt.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 2, 2004
bump – Chris you know about this, right?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 3, 2004
Check "ignore palettes" may help. I also have 7 and this behaviour also kicks in after having used full screen and thenback to normal screen.

Rob
HT
harry_teasley
Jul 7, 2004
"Ignore palettes" is just an option in the zoom tool; I hope that doesn’t have any effect, but you never know.

I’ve tried all sorts of combinations of fullscreen, maximized window, and zooming, and it’s frustratingly elusive when I explicitly try for it. It seems to appear only after painting for a good while. I couldn’t say if fullscreen is a key to it happening, because I use fullscreen on everything. If there’s someone that doesn’t use fullscreen, maybe they can comment (although I can’t imagine working that way).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections