Posted By
Sarah_Doody
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello –

I have created some icons. They were 24 bit and worked fine on Windows XP – however they were all jagged and rough on Windows 2000.

I want to make 32×32 bit icons that will work on both Windows XP and Windows 2000 but am having difficulty making this work.

I have tried a photoshop plug-in – but it still makes icons that don’t look good on 2000. I

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make 32×32 bit icons that are compatible on both operating systems?

Thanks,
Sarah

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TT
Toby_Thain
Jul 9, 2004
Sarah

It’s probable that only XP supports ICO files with alpha channel ("soft" 8-bit mask), so your problem may not be soluble for earlier versions of Windows. You may need to create a traditional 1-bit ICO mask: Download my ICO format plugin <http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/#icoformat> and see its README for details, or contact me by e-mail for more help: support<at>telegraphics.com.au.
TH
Tim_Horning
Jul 10, 2004
Microangelo is the most amazing icon tool ever! You may want to check it out if you can’t get it to work in PS.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Jul 10, 2004
Also look at Axialis IconWorkshop for creating icon sets from 128×128 or less in 32 bit and lower. If it’s only icons you’re dealing with, this program is far more versatile in options than Microangelo. It has a plug in connection to CS for even more versatility.

<http://www.axialis.com/> to check it out

Fred.
A
abc1176
Jul 17, 2004
wrote in message news:…
Hello –

I have created some icons. They were 24 bit and worked fine on Windows XP – however they were all jagged and rough on Windows 2000.

I want to make 32×32 bit icons that will work on both Windows XP and Windows 2000 but am having difficulty making this work.

I have tried a photoshop plug-in – but it still makes icons that don’t look good on 2000. I
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make 32×32 bit icons that are compatible on both operating systems?

Thanks,
Sarah

Try Axialis Icon Workshop or Slavasoft Paint Express.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections