Posted By
Ross_Sabes
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is an idea:

as a web and print designer, sometimes i want to slice up an image for a print project. For example I develop most comps theses days whether for print or web in photoshop… i would like it if i could slice up a high res comp and save slices out as 300 dpi CMYK TIFFS and skip the optimization step… then I could reassemble and or update TIFF slices in an InDesign or QXpress doc… It would also speed up my workflow as I have to flatten my photoshop, and save as… TIFF to make a graphic ready for print that could just be taken care of through a 1-step save for print… dialogue.

Can cs do this? Anyone else think this is a cool idea?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 23, 2004
Where do you save time? What do you gain?

You take an image, cut it into pieces and have to reassemble it somewhere else. Why?
RS
Ross_Sabes
Jun 23, 2004
Isn’t that what you are doing anyways if you are doing an InDesign Doc with linked photoshop? making photoshop images and assembling them in InDesign? This way you could make let’s say an 11 x 17 spread in an RGB photoshop then size pictures the way you want and save them out as CMYK tiffs… another application might be making comps for a client, they tell you to do something else so you do it on another layer and save it out as a CMKY tiff never leaving the RGB photoshop file…

the way i typically work is everything has a master, RGB, layered photoshop image whether a web page or a full page ad… instead of specifying jpeg compression or gif pallette… why not have another option for TIFF that can specify CMYK, LZW, and MAC/PC byte order? keep it at the same dpi (300)… then the slice gets flattened and saved out as my Flat CMYK 300dpi TIFF and i never had to leave my original RGB PSD.

If Adobe is listening.. that is what i want.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 23, 2004
So you just ahve one slice …

Why no just do Image/Duplicate and Save As … ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections