RD
Posted By
Robert_Dees
Jun 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have long used Photoshop 6 to scan in images, edit them, save them in TIFF format, then import them into MS Powerpoint. I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS. Now when I try to import TIFF files created in Photoshop, Powerpoint gives me a box asking me what format I want to convert the file from: "Convert file from:", then a list. I have to go back, reopen Photoshop 6 (which, for some reason, CS did not overwrite, so now I have both versions on my computer), open the TIFF file, and resave it. Then Powerpoint will accept it.
As far as I can tell, I’ve got all the settings in both versions the same. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobLevine
Jun 21, 2004
Are you saving layered TIFFs? What version of PowerPoint?

As someone who uses images all the time in PowerPoint, may I suggest you use JPGs instead? TIFFs will explode the size of the PP file with no benefit whatsoever.

Bob
RD
Robert_Dees
Jun 21, 2004
Hi Robert,
I don’t know what layered TIFFs are–how do I tell? I’m using Powerpoint 2000 SP-3. Thanks for the tip on using JPEGs though–I’ll probably do that, though I’d like to figure out what’s causing the other problem.

Robert
B
BobLevine
Jun 21, 2004
Layered TIFF are very similar to PSD files. They contain layers and transparency. I don’t know if PP can handle them because I never use TIFFs in PP.

Bob
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 21, 2004
Are you saving with compression? I seem to recall a problem with PP reading compressed TIFFs saved in PSCS.
RD
Robert_Dees
Jun 21, 2004
I think default was LZW compression–I’ll try it with no compression. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections