Posted By
Vik
Sep 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I am trying to use batch mode in Photoshop 7 to make some adjustments to all pictures in a folder. There are few hundred of them there. I have created an action changing Brightness/Contrast and run it through Automate -> Batch.
What is annoying me, Photoshop 7 is opening a Jpeg quality form each time it saves the picture. I have at least once press Enter button for each picture in a folder.
I remember that before it was fully automated, but now I cannot figure out, how to avoid this?

Appreciate your help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bj
Sep 19, 2005
"Vik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi All,

I am trying to use batch mode in Photoshop 7 to make some adjustments to
all
pictures in a folder. There are few hundred of them there. I have created an action changing Brightness/Contrast and run it through Automate -> Batch.
What is annoying me, Photoshop 7 is opening a Jpeg quality form each time
it
saves the picture. I have at least once press Enter button for each
picture
in a folder.
I remember that before it was fully automated, but now I cannot figure
out,
how to avoid this?

Appreciate your help!

Your problem is not too hard to solve. The last step of your action must be "Save as…" choosing the quality of the JPEG you want to have. At the batch-conversion-modus you must choose the option "Save as… overwrite in action" (or something like that; I’m using the German version of PS CS). Now it should work.
If you want to run such "easy" conversions like such above, you can use also the freeware-programm IrfanView (www.irfanview.com). It is much more easy to use for batch-conversions, if they are easy as in your example. I use it frequently and im very contend with it.

Greetings

Bj
V
Vik
Sep 19, 2005
Bj
B
Bj
Sep 20, 2005
If I choose as the last step in my acion "Save as…" in PS CS it always works great. But I open the file before I create the action, maybe this could be the solution.

You’re right. PS is so complex, that I think everybody only uses a small percentage of the program.

Bj

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections