UB
Posted By
uw_badgers
Sep 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to use some images from http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ . They pretty much all require you to "attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor". Problem is, they don’t define how. Is there a reference that gives examples of standard/acceptable methods? I would like to use the least obtrusive method. Here some of my usages:

1. Photos on a website/blog. Do I put a text caption below the photo? Or can I just attribute it at the bottom of the page. Can I just add HTML comment in source code (not visible on screen)?

2. Background for powerpoint. Embed the attribution as part of the image?

3. Derive another image from it (e.g. a collage). How do you word this attribution, since it combines others work with mine?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Roy
Sep 16, 2005
wrote in message
I want to use some images from http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ . They pretty much all require you to "attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor". Problem is, they don’t define how. Is there a reference that gives examples of standard/acceptable methods? I would like to use the least obtrusive method. Here some of my usages:

1. Photos on a website/blog. Do I put a text caption below the photo? Or can I just attribute it at the bottom of the page. Can I just add HTML comment in source code (not visible on screen)?

2. Background for powerpoint. Embed the attribution as part of the image?

3. Derive another image from it (e.g. a collage). How do you word this attribution, since it combines others work with mine?

Why not just Email the Webmaster and ask him?

Roy G

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections