K
Posted By
Kokoro
Sep 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using levels to isolate the lines is easy but, they arent perfect. The source being an inked pencil drawing. I then colour my pieces from there after correting as much of the lines as I can in photoshop before adding colour. I have tried pen-tooling whole drawings in the past, but it takes forever and ever. Other people seem to be able to get the most perfect smooth lines and details. I have no idea how they do it. Have you got any ideas or techniques that could work?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
Kingdom
Sep 15, 2005
Kokoro wrote in
news::

using levels to isolate the lines is easy but, they arent perfect. The source being an inked pencil drawing. I then colour my pieces from there after correting as much of the lines as I can in photoshop before adding colour. I have tried pen-tooling whole drawings in the past, but it takes forever and ever. Other people seem to be able to get the most perfect smooth lines and details. I have no idea how they do it. Have you got any ideas or techniques that could work?

ILLUSTRATOR gives you absolute control over paths, much more so than Photoshop

f=Ma well, nearly…
K
Kokoro
Sep 18, 2005
In alt.graphics.photoshop, Kingdom ordered an army of hamsters to type:

Kokoro wrote in

Ive always discounted illustrator. I knew you were going to mention it. I hated the software, impossible to work with, last version i tried was 9.0, and it was still a nightmare to use. Piece of junk i thought and also thought your post was patronising spelling it in capitals….. that was until yesterday.

I just happened to have a demonstration of Illustrator CS2… and its… different. There are one or two features that makes things too easy, infact, I’ve lost confidence in some other peoples works I thought were good. Illustrator might actually be worth the cost.

Thanks for the reply.
K
Kingdom
Sep 19, 2005
Kokoro wrote in

In alt.graphics.photoshop, Kingdom ordered an army of hamsters to type:

Kokoro wrote in

Ive always discounted illustrator. I knew you were going to mention it. I hated the software, impossible to work with, last version i tried was 9.0, and it was still a nightmare to use. Piece of junk i thought and also thought your post was patronising spelling it in capitals….. that was until yesterday.

I just happened to have a demonstration of Illustrator CS2… and its… different. There are one or two features that makes things too easy, infact, I’ve lost confidence in some other peoples works I thought were good. Illustrator might actually be worth the cost.
Thanks for the reply.

It’s Brilliant but you really need to spend time with books and videos to get the best from it

f=Ma well, nearly…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections