X
Posted By
xtx99
Aug 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Nikon D70 which I have been shooting in sRGB mode in RAW format. So far, I’ve been opening the files in Nikon Capture (& doing minor adjustments including EV) then forwarding the file to Photoshop CS2 for final editing (including cropping, scaling & shapening). I have the cheap Hi-Touch dye-sub Photoshuttle which prints 4"x6" photos. I believe (based on what I’ve generally read), that I should be shooting in Adobe RGB. Will all printers (incluidng my cheap Hi-touch dye-sub Photoshuttle) recognize Adobe RGB OR will it convert the files back to sRBG for printing??? It would seem like a waste of time to shoot in Adobe RGB if the printer needs sRGB. I couldn’t find any mention of Adobe RGB or color space on Hi-Touche’s website. However, they do have a file for downloading entitled "HiTiColorPhotoShuttle.icc" for use in Photoshop. Do all inkjet AND dye-sub printers have the ability to print in the Adobe RGB color space??? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Aug 26, 2005
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:29:55 -0400, wrote:

I have a Nikon D70 which I have been shooting in sRGB mode in RAW format. So far, I’ve been opening the files in Nikon Capture (& doing minor adjustments including EV) then forwarding the file to Photoshop CS2 for final editing (including cropping, scaling & shapening). I have the cheap Hi-Touch dye-sub Photoshuttle which prints 4"x6" photos. I believe (based on what I’ve generally read), that I should be shooting in Adobe RGB. Will all printers (incluidng my cheap Hi-touch dye-sub Photoshuttle) recognize Adobe RGB OR will it convert the files back to sRBG for printing??? It would seem like a waste of time to shoot in Adobe RGB if the printer needs sRGB. I couldn’t find any mention of Adobe RGB or color space on Hi-Touche’s website. However, they do have a file for downloading entitled "HiTiColorPhotoShuttle.icc" for use in Photoshop. Do all inkjet AND dye-sub printers have the ability to print in the Adobe RGB color space??? Thanks.
It won’t do either. The printer will convert to CMYK for printing which is waht it will do with all RGB files. And which, of course, it expects. Learning about colour management would help, though I don’t know how good the printer is….

The main reason for using AdobeRGB is that this colour space maps more closely to CMYK than others and leaves you with less out of gamut colours and therefore less of a colour shift when printing.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
J
jrzyguy
Aug 27, 2005
no offence to the OP…but i am tired of digi cam questions vs. photoshop question. Anyone agree?

Again..no offence to the op….but arent there newsgroups that cater to these questions?

"Hecate" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:29:55 -0400, wrote:

I have a Nikon D70 which I have been shooting in sRGB mode in RAW
format.
So far, I’ve been opening the files in Nikon Capture (& doing minor adjustments including EV) then forwarding the file to Photoshop CS2 for final editing (including cropping, scaling & shapening). I have the
cheap
Hi-Touch dye-sub Photoshuttle which prints 4"x6" photos. I believe (based on what I’ve generally read), that I should be shooting
in
Adobe RGB. Will all printers (incluidng my cheap Hi-touch dye-sub Photoshuttle) recognize Adobe RGB OR will it convert the files back to
sRBG
for printing??? It would seem like a waste of time to shoot in Adobe RGB
if
the printer needs sRGB. I couldn’t find any mention of Adobe RGB or
color
space on Hi-Touche’s website. However, they do have a file for
downloading
entitled "HiTiColorPhotoShuttle.icc" for use in Photoshop. Do all inkjet AND dye-sub printers have the ability to print in the Adobe RGB color space??? Thanks.
It won’t do either. The printer will convert to CMYK for printing which is waht it will do with all RGB files. And which, of course, it expects. Learning about colour management would help, though I don’t know how good the printer is….

The main reason for using AdobeRGB is that this colour space maps more closely to CMYK than others and leaves you with less out of gamut colours and therefore less of a colour shift when printing.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Aug 28, 2005
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:05:38 -0400, "jrzyguy" wrote:

no offence to the OP…but i am tired of digi cam questions vs. photoshop question. Anyone agree?

Again..no offence to the op….but arent there newsgroups that cater to these questions?
As the OP was specifically asking about colour profiles from camera to Photoshop I don’t see the problem. It is a PS question. OTOH, questions about which camera to buy should be taken elsewhere. 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections