Posted By
Clifford
Aug 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have done some vignettes of a wedding couple that look ok. I was wondering if there was an easy way of making a heart shaped vignette or is it just a case of carefully drawing it freehand?

Thanking you all

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
archy
Aug 20, 2005
"Clifford" wrote in message

I have done some vignettes of a wedding couple that look ok. I was wondering
if there was an easy way of making a heart shaped vignette or is it just a case of carefully drawing it freehand?
(Optional: Promote the background layer, and set the background colour to your choice)
Use shape layers, select the heart shape and draw a new layer as a path. Convert the path to a selection, feather it by whatever amount you want, invert it, delete it.
There’s your vignette.

archy
"we only live, only suspire,
consumed by either fire or fire" (T.S. Eliot)
D
Drifter
Aug 21, 2005
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:19:24 +0100, "archy"
<listsATactuallyDOTmeDOTuk> wrote:

if there was an easy way of making a heart shaped vignette or is it just a case of carefully drawing it freehand?
(Optional: Promote the background layer, and set the background colour to your choice)
Use shape layers, select the heart shape and draw a new layer as a path. Convert the path to a selection, feather it by whatever amount you want, invert it, delete it.
There’s your vignette.

Boy, that’s quite a bit simpler than how I would have done it!

That’s why I love these newsgroups so much!

Drifter
"I’ve been here, I’ve been there…"
C
Clifford
Aug 21, 2005
Hi

Thanks for the advice I will try it later

Cheers

On 20/8/05 11:19 pm, in article
4307ac65$0$17458$, "archy"
<listsATactuallyDOTmeDOTuk> wrote:

There’s your vignette.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections