JW
Posted By
JMark_Warren
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the subject option checked in General Preferences. No way that I have found to zoom in or out causes the window size to change. Perhaps I misunderstand just what this option is supposed to do, but it seems pretty obvious.

This is with PS CS.

JW

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jun 20, 2004
JM,

No way that I have found to zoom in or out causes the window size to
change.<<

What about CTRL+ALT+ + and CTRL+ALT+ -?
JW
JMark_Warren
Jun 21, 2004
JM,

What about CTRL+ALT+ + and CTRL+ALT+ -?

They don’t cause the window size to change. I think I’ve tried every technique for zooming with no luck at all.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 21, 2004
Try deleting your prefs file – Details in the FAQ at top of this forum’s Topic List
JW
JMark_Warren
Jun 21, 2004
I’ve tried deleting prefs before. That didn’t seem to make any difference.

Actually, I was able to get windows to resize with ctrl/alt/+ and – yesterday. But it only worked when the Zoom tool was active and the Resize option was checked. BUT, it stopped working after I switched to a different tool and switched back. After that, nothing I did would cause the windows to resize any more. I re-started PS and the same behavior occurred – it worked when Zoom was the active tool but then quit. Strange. I will fiddle some more and then declare that it’s a bug.
JW
JMark_Warren
Jun 21, 2004
I found that ctrl/+ (or -) works just fine, even if the Zoom tool is not selected. Phew!
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 21, 2004
ahh, so adding the Alt key into the mix is what was confusing things?
JW
JMark_Warren
Jun 21, 2004
adding the Alt key into the mix is what was confusing things?

Apparently… I have an old kbd shortcut "cheat sheet" from version 6 (I think) that listed ctrl-alt with +/- as the shortcut. Maybe CS changed things around.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jun 21, 2004
I have the same problem as OP. It´ll work for a short while, and then resize window just stops working. I can toggle the check box all I want – doesnt work.

Restarting Photoshop may make it work again – for a short while.

It´s buggy.

Mathias
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 22, 2004
Yes, genau.

Prost – JJ

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections