A
Posted By
Aloha
Jul 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve tried everything I can muddle through to create a one pixel brush in PS7. I’ve used the tutorials on the web. But I still can’t achieve what I think I should be able to. I want a very precise one pixel brush that when it is applied it only shows up as one very small square and not the four squares of slightly different colors. The one pixel brush I’ve created (and the one that came with PS7) always applies a slight shadow around the pixel I want to paint.

Am I asking for the impossible?

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn’t. A sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."—Horace Walpole, 1717-1797

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

FN
Flo Nelson
Jul 21, 2005
"Aloha" wrote in message
I’ve tried everything I can muddle through to create a one pixel brush in PS7. I’ve used the tutorials on the web. But I still can’t achieve what I think I should be able to. I want a very precise one pixel brush that when it is applied it only shows up as one very small square and not the four squares of slightly different colors. The one pixel brush I’ve created (and the one that came with PS7) always applies a slight shadow around the pixel I want to paint.

Use the pencil tool when you just want to cover one pixel.

Flo
A
Aloha
Jul 21, 2005
DUH……….I wonder where my brain has been for the last few weeks/months/years. Works perfect.

Mahalo and Aloha from the "Big Island of Hawaii."

Gene
FN
Flo Nelson
Jul 22, 2005
"Aloha" wrote in message
DUH……….I wonder where my brain has been for the last few weeks/months/years. Works perfect.

Mahalo and Aloha from the "Big Island of Hawaii."
Gene

Know the feeling – at least you have Hawaii to dull the pain :-).
M
mono
Jul 23, 2005
The interesting thing is the brush tool will do it….but you have to be exactly centred on the square for it to register as a single pixel. If you’re off to the side over an adjoining pixel or pixels you will select them too. So you can either have one pixel, a pair of pixels or four pixels depending on where you are in the grid when you click. The pencil tool has a cross hair selector which limits its effect to the square over you which you are principally located when you click.

By the way you’re not Gene T…. from Hawaii are you?

Brian
(the other one)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections