DH
Posted By
Dennis Hughes
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed PS CS2. All seems normal, except when I go to open a jpg from Bridge, it opens in Paint. "Open with" does not even list PS as an option.

I can change this in the Folder Options associations, but it seems to me images selected in Bridge should open in the appropriate Adobe app.

When not in PS, I prefer to open jpg images in the Windows viewer, as it is quicker, unless I am in Bridge, when it should be clear I want to work in PS.

Is this normal?

Dennis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DH
Dennis Hughes
Jun 14, 2005
I attended Stan Ashbrook’s class tonight on CS2. He advised there is a set of preferences in Bridge that has their own file associations, beyond the Win XP’s.

Sure enough, I opened Bridge and there they are. I had a choice of using Win’s or selecting a specific app. That means you can have one set of file associations for Win and another for PS.

Dennis

"Dennis Hughes" wrote in message
I just installed PS CS2. All seems normal, except when I go to open a jpg from Bridge, it opens in Paint. "Open with" does not even list PS as an option.

I can change this in the Folder Options associations, but it seems to me images selected in Bridge should open in the appropriate Adobe app.
When not in PS, I prefer to open jpg images in the Windows viewer, as it is quicker, unless I am in Bridge, when it should be clear I want to work in PS.

Is this normal?

Dennis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections