AS
Posted By
Adriaan_Sachtler
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having problems printing on Epson premium glossy photo paper: the resulting print is too blue, and overall the image is too dark and muddy. I am using the following setup: Photoshop 7.01, Win XP, Epson stylus photo 1280 with Niagara II continuous ink system using Plug-N-Play inks. I have set up Photoshop to print according the tutorial by www.computer-darkroom.com (using approach shown in "Figure 6 – Using Media (paper) Profiles (Intermediate and Advanced Photoshop Users)"). I have tried printing using the color profile for this paper selected in Photoshop and No Color Adjustment in the printer’s dialog.
For comparison, printing the same images using "regular" Epson glossy photo paper (i.e. not premium) and heavy matte paper gives much better colors. Actually using the regular Photo paper color profile with the permium paper works better than using the premium color profile, but it still is not optimal.
I have purchased a bunch of the premium paper hoping for much better results than I am getting… Has anyone had the same experience I have and – better yet- solved the problem? Many thanks in advance for any help.
Adriaan Sachtler

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 10, 2004
Did you get a profile for your third party inks and that paper?

Those inks are different from the Epson inks, and will need a different profile to provide accurate color.
AS
Adriaan_Sachtler
Jun 10, 2004
No – I assumed that since the ink was (supposed to be) compatible, that I could use the Epson profiles. I will try to obtain profiles from the vendor. Thank you for the suggestion.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 11, 2004
Compatible and "same color" are two different things….
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jun 11, 2004
Adriaan

There is a huge difference between Epson inks and other brands. Epson recommends and profiles only for their ink. I have always used
Epson inks and never had a problem with profiling. Other individuals that I work with have had difficulties with alternate inking systems
and have reverted back to Epson inks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections