SF
Posted By
Sens Fan Happy In Ohio
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two pics taken back in ’95 and ’99 with a 35mm camera that I need to get scanned and have their output sizes increased. Each print is currently 3

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Caitlin
May 28, 2005
"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" wrote in message
I have two pics taken back in ’95 and ’99 with a 35mm camera that I need to get scanned and have their output sizes increased. Each print is currently 3
SF
Sens Fan Happy In Ohio
May 28, 2005
In
news:4297d794$0$27861$,
Caitlin first attempted to communicate
with pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
Prints do not contain any data beyond about 300dpi, so scanning at a higher resolution is not going to increase the image quality a great deal, though for enlarging and editing up to twice this is fine, beyond that you are just making a big file needlessly.

A 3
J
Jan
May 28, 2005
Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
I have two pics taken back in ’95 and ’99 with a 35mm camera that I need to get scanned and have their output sizes increased. Each print is currently 3½ x 5 and I want one print to increase to 4×6 and the other to 8×10. What is the best way to go about doing this using an HP scanner capable of 1200×1200 scans so that the photos will look their best for framing? I am not sure if I have the negatives and really don’t want to invest the $s getting them done this way unless its just not possible or will look bad in the final output.

Both pics are of a deceased child, one for a collage of him and our other kids. The second pic is for hanging on a wall to help us remember him. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scan at the highest resolution you can. (Photographic prints are much sharper than 300dpi – I’ve made excellent blow up prints from even contact sheets…)

Jan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections