Posted By
Gem
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yitz, hi yaz. 🙂
Have you considered actual patient before-and-after shots? You could treat these in PS with nature
backgrounds [trees, sea, mountains, etc.] for that spa-like feel to match your site’s softness. I like the color, font choice and background, it feels soothing.

These B and A shots are usually convincing enough to push someone to get the surgery and actually seeing a particular doctor’s work would be like showing his ‘portfolio’ online.

Frankly, illustrations or old renderings of such expensive, personal and somewhat permanent procedures without seeing actual results on former patients might send me elsewhere for the surgery while possibly leading me to believe the docs are newbies or simply unskilled.

Some nice interior shots of the lounge/waiting room, recovery rooms, the doctor[s] and staff might be reassuring as well.
Good luck and good to read/see again in here.
__Gem

"yitz" wrote in message
Hi – I am working on a site for a facial plastic surgeon and I am looking for medical illustrations for his procedures. Does anyone know of any site that has these?

Here is the site so far – *critiques welcome*

www potomacfacialplastics com (add the dots accordingly)
I would like something that has a soft and clean edge to it opposed to being gross. Even old renaissance sketches would be preferable.
Thanks,

Yitz

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
yitz
May 25, 2005
Hi – I am working on a site for a facial plastic surgeon and I am looking for medical illustrations for his procedures. Does anyone know of any site that has these?

I would like something that has a soft and clean edge to it opposed to being gross. Even old renaissance sketches would be preferable.

Thanks,

Yitz
I
iehsmith
May 25, 2005
On 5/25/05 3:00 PM, Gem uttered:

Yitz, hi yaz. 🙂
Have you considered actual patient before-and-after shots? You could treat these in PS with nature
backgrounds [trees, sea, mountains, etc.] for that spa-like feel to match your site’s softness. I like the color, font choice and background, it feels soothing.

These B and A shots are usually convincing enough to push someone to get the surgery and actually seeing a particular doctor’s work would be like showing his ‘portfolio’ online.

Frankly, illustrations or old renderings of such expensive, personal and somewhat permanent procedures without seeing actual results on former patients might send me elsewhere for the surgery while possibly leading me to believe the docs are newbies or simply unskilled.

Some nice interior shots of the lounge/waiting room, recovery rooms, the doctor[s] and staff might be reassuring as well.
__Gem

"yitz" wrote in message

Thanks,

Yitz

I agree with Gemma. Seeing the things that are done in the process of these surgeries is not a comfortable pleasant thing, especially without the soothing voice and warm body of someone explaining them to you. Before and after is used because it works, especially along side a presonal testimonial.

If the surgeon is requiring you to do this regardless try these search results: http://tinyurl.com/cznu5 or: http://tinyurl.com/cbpfp

hth,
inez
Y
yitz
May 26, 2005
Thanks guys. The surgeon wants to stay away from those before and after photos. I agree with him personally. He has on each surgery page that he specifically does not put up before and after photos out of respect and privacy of the patients. In addition to this tasteful approach, I personally find before and after photos tacky.

I am just taking old renaisance paintings and drawings and duotoning them for the site.

Yitz

"iehsmith" wrote in message
On 5/25/05 3:00 PM, Gem uttered:

Yitz, hi yaz. 🙂
Have you considered actual patient before-and-after shots? You could treat
these in PS with nature
backgrounds [trees, sea, mountains, etc.] for that spa-like feel to match your site’s softness. I like the color, font choice and background, it feels
soothing.

These B and A shots are usually convincing enough to push someone to get the
surgery and actually seeing a particular doctor’s work would be like showing
his ‘portfolio’ online.

Frankly, illustrations or old renderings of such expensive, personal and somewhat permanent procedures without seeing actual results on former patients might send me elsewhere for the surgery while possibly leading me
to believe the docs are newbies or simply unskilled.

__Gem

"yitz" wrote in message
Hi – I am working on a site for a facial plastic surgeon and I am looking
for medical illustrations for his procedures. Does anyone know of any site
that has these?

Thanks,

Yitz

I agree with Gemma. Seeing the things that are done in the process of these
surgeries is not a comfortable pleasant thing, especially without the soothing voice and warm body of someone explaining them to you. Before and after is used because it works, especially along side a presonal
testimonial.

If the surgeon is requiring you to do this regardless try these search results: http://tinyurl.com/cznu5 or: http://tinyurl.com/cbpfp
hth,
inez
NS
Nicholas Sherlock
May 26, 2005
yitz wrote:
He has on each surgery page that he
specifically does not put up before and after photos out of respect and privacy of the patients.

Why not simply get permission from a delighted patient?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
Y
yitz
May 26, 2005
It’s not about only respecting the privacy of the patients. Like I said, I feel that they are tacky.

Alternatively, if they were to go ahead and take photos, I would recommend a real photo shoot in a real setting to mix things up a bit – something real artsy – with the before photo much smaller. Generally, before and after photos look like police mug shots.

Yitz

"Nicholas Sherlock" wrote in message
yitz wrote:
He has on each surgery page that he specifically does not put up before and after photos out of respect and privacy of the patients.

Why not simply get permission from a delighted patient?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
JD
James Douglas
May 26, 2005
Why have the "from space" view of the office? The font on the main page was somewhat hard for me to read, I’m 50!

"yitz" wrote in message

I would like something that has a soft and clean edge to it opposed to
being
gross. Even old renaissance sketches would be preferable.
Thanks,

Yitz

R
Rick
May 26, 2005
"yitz"

| It’s not about only respecting the privacy of the patients. Like I said, I | feel that they are tacky.
|
| Alternatively, if they were to go ahead and take photos, I would recommend a
| real photo shoot in a real setting to mix things up a bit – something real | artsy – with the before photo much smaller. Generally, before and after | photos look like police mug shots.
|
| Yitz

I do medical illustration for publication and legal work. Might consider a not so graphic depiction/explanation of the processes involved. I did a series of pictorials for an OBGYN who was doing volunteer work at a free clinic. The problem was both language and comprehension.

If you want to discuss back channel send me an email via newcar 04 @ hotmail .. com (remove spaces)
M
mrclean
May 26, 2005
In article , says…

I agree with the others, take a look at
http://www.personique.com
I
iehsmith
May 26, 2005
On 5/26/05 8:59 AM, Mr.Clean uttered:

In article , says…

I agree with the others, take a look at
http://www.personique.com

Hmm… I think, unfortunately, that this site leans more towards supporting the "tacky" notion. A bad example.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections