Posted By
Don
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I got a question pertaining to image size when using a canon 10d in RAW mode and using CS vs canon’s file viewer. I hope someone can explain the following:

When using Canon’s file viewer and transferring the images into photoshop cs I get an image size of 17.067in. x 11.378in. yet when I use the photoshop cs browser to open and save image the image size is 12.8 x 8.533 in. The images are in RAW. I am using canon 10d in raw mode however if I shoot in jpeg large then I get the larger image size. I would like to have the larger image size, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Don

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Jim
Jun 8, 2004
"Don" wrote in message
Hello,
I got a question pertaining to image size when using a canon 10d in RAW
mode
and using CS vs canon’s file viewer. I hope someone can explain the following:

When using Canon’s file viewer and transferring the images into photoshop
cs
I get an image size of 17.067in. x 11.378in. yet when I use the photoshop
cs
browser to open and save image the image size is 12.8 x 8.533 in. The
images
are in RAW. I am using canon 10d in raw mode however if I shoot in jpeg large then I get the larger image size. I would like to have the larger image size, what am I doing wrong?
The only thing that matters is the number of pixels. So, how many pixels are you getting?

The camera should yield about 3000 x 2000 pixels.
Jim
GP
Gene Palmiter
Jun 9, 2004
An oft asked question….forget about it! Digital images don’t have "inches". …they have pixels. What you are confused by is a program telling you that it has inches…but the programs leave something out. Its the word "IF". If you view it on screen at 75dpi then it will be such-and-such inches. If you print it at 200 ppi it will be such-and-such inches. If you print it at 300 ppi it will be …. This is not to be confused with dpi…but it often is. DPI is what the printer can lay down…either an ink jet printer…or a commercial offset lithographer. It takes a few pixels to make a dot….they are not the same thing.

"Don" wrote in message
Hello,
I got a question pertaining to image size when using a canon 10d in RAW
mode
and using CS vs canon’s file viewer. I hope someone can explain the following:

When using Canon’s file viewer and transferring the images into photoshop
cs
I get an image size of 17.067in. x 11.378in. yet when I use the photoshop
cs
browser to open and save image the image size is 12.8 x 8.533 in. The
images
are in RAW. I am using canon 10d in raw mode however if I shoot in jpeg large then I get the larger image size. I would like to have the larger image size, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Don

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections