N
Posted By
nalatalb
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The README for CS2 say you can speed startup if you remove fonts you don’t use, but doesn’t explain how you do it. How do you? Also it says that you can choose an additional folder from which to load plugins by holding down the Control+Shift at startup. I did that and chose my Downloads folder where my Miranda plugins are, but they don’t show up in CS2 when I press Automtate or in the filters, or in the list of plugins. How can I get the Miranda plugins into CS2 (I have sent Fred Miranda an email asking him, but apparently he is swamped.)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Faiser
May 10, 2005
Aren’t the FM tools in fact actions? If so, they don’t appear in the filter menu, but on the actions pane. Mind that you should place them under presets\photoshop actions not the plugin folder.

"nalatalb" wrote in message
The README for CS2 say you can speed startup if you remove fonts you don’t use, but doesn’t explain how you do it. How do you? Also it says that you can choose an additional folder from which to load plugins by holding down the Control+Shift at startup. I did that and chose my Downloads folder where my Miranda plugins are, but they don’t show up in CS2 when I press Automtate or in the filters, or in the list of plugins. How can I get the Miranda plugins into CS2 (I have sent Fred Miranda an email asking him, but apparently he is swamped.)
N
nalatalb
May 10, 2005
The last time I downloaded FM software to CS it ended up in "Automate"
TW
Tony Webster
May 10, 2005
Open C:\windows. Then File; New; Folder. Name this Folder Fonts Unused (or similar). You already have a Fonts Folder (C:\windows\fonts). Drag the fonts you don’t want out of the Fonts folder and into the Fonts Unused folder. Photoshop should then have less fonts to load.

If you ever want the fonts back, you can of course still get them in the Unused folder.
Tony

"nalatalb" wrote in message
H
Hecate
May 10, 2005
On 9 May 2005 19:59:12 -0700, "nalatalb" wrote:

The README for CS2 say you can speed startup if you remove fonts you don’t use, but doesn’t explain how you do it. How do you?

Use a font manager. For example, Extensis Font Reserve.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
N
nalatalb
May 13, 2005
I have set up a new folder on my C drive and labelled it Fonts Unused. I have also opened the regular Windows Fonts folder. I have tried dragging some of them into the new folder, but they won’t drag. How can I do this?
N
nalatalb
May 15, 2005
I finally figured out how to drag fonts to the fonts unused folder. Unfortunately I unwittingly dragged one that is essential to CS2, and got a warning message every time I opened CS2. I could bypass that, but got tired of doing that, so I tried to uninstall CS2 and reinstall it. When I tried it, there was a "Repair" option that I used and it fixed the problem without uninstalling.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections