RM
Posted By
Robert McNeill
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to use the file browser feature in CS for the first time. When I try to OK changes I get a message that I cannot do it because the file is locked. How do I unlock the file.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
KatWoman
May 5, 2005
are you trying to save it to a CD instead of a folder on your comp? If a file is locked there is usually a reason that you should not over write it. Use SAVE AS>>>

"Robert McNeill" wrote in message
I’m trying to use the file browser feature in CS for the first time. When I try to OK changes I get a message that I cannot do it because the file is locked. How do I unlock the file.

Bob
FN
Flo Nelson
May 5, 2005
If you’re on the PC, you might have a file that has "locked" as one of its properties (e.g. when newly transferred from a CD, etc.). Right click on the file in Windows Explorer, select "Properties" and uncheck "Read Only."

Flo

"Robert McNeill" wrote in message

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections