SM
Posted By
Scott_Mullen
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently experiencing an issue with colours being changed when saving tiffs with LZW compression. I have extracted the raw 1Ds files using capture one as 8 bit tiffs and they open fine in PS. However, as soon as I save them with LZW… the colours become quite bizarre. It almost gives it a "negative" appearance… but not exactly.
Any suggestions?

I am using PS 7.01 on XP professional.

Regards
Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 4, 2004
Where are you viewing those images after saving them?

LZW compression is lossless, and can’t change the colors.
SM
Scott_Mullen
Jun 4, 2004
Images are being viewed in photoshop still.

I know it can’t change the colours… but it is… Got me absolutely stumped as to what can be causing this.

I suspect that it may have something to do with C1 not assigning the Adobe colour profile correctly as I am getting a profile mismatch warning when opening the images even though it tells me both the embedded profile and the working profile are the same (Adobe RGB 1998)

I have even dumped the PS preferences file and re-done everything… but still no joy.

Cheers
Scott
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 4, 2004
Yes, it could be caused by corrupt files.

Are you saving these files with Capture One? (that would be an important detail)
SM
Scott_Mullen
Jun 4, 2004
Yes… 8 bit tiffs are extracted from the raw file and saved directly from C1. They then open fine in PS… it is only after I have applied LZW compression in PS that the problem occurs.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections