CW
Posted By
Chip_Wiegand
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image of a small group of people, with a lousy background. I have successfully removed the background, and can add a new textured background to the upper portion. But when I try to add a new ‘floor’ or are the people are standing on, they appear to be floating, not actually standing on the ‘floor’. Is there a way to fix this apparent problem, or is it an anomaly?
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 26, 2004
The people probably need shadow. Burn the surroundings of their feet a bit. Or make a feathered eliptical selection of the floor where they are standing and level&curve that.
Is this what you mean?
Rob
DM
Don_McCahill
May 26, 2004
Also, remember that a floor goes behind the people a ways, not just to their feet.
CW
Chip_Wiegand
May 26, 2004
Thanks for the tips. I’ll try the shadow, burning, etc stuff. And yes, they ‘floor’ or ground, does extend to appear to be behind the people, up to between knee and waist high. I’ve tried many differant backgrounds and textures and different ‘heights’ behind the people. Ideally, a scenery background of some sort, ie, ocean, mountains, etc, would be best, but my attempts at that have looked awful – the scale of the background image is so far from the scale of the people it looks terrible.
thanks,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections