N
Posted By
none
Apr 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got a weird problem and I’m not sure how to fix it – any help would be appreciated.

I’m running Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10. I create an EPS drawing in Illustrator and open it in Photoshop, at which point it *normally* asks what size it should open the file, DPI, anti-alias or no, etc. But something has changed to where now it just opens the file and it’s really grainy-looking; no options or anything.

Does anyone know how to "fix" this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
Apr 11, 2005
In article <skw6e.424$>,
"James U." wrote:

I’m running Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10. I create an EPS drawing in Illustrator and open it in Photoshop, at which point it *normally* asks what size it should open the file, DPI, anti-alias or no, etc. But something has changed to where now it just opens the file and it’s really grainy-looking; no options or anything.

It’s just opening the EPS preview–likely because it can’t recognize the EPS itself. Older versions of Photoshop can have trouble opening newer versions of Illustrator EPS files.

Try saving the file from Illustrator as an Illustrator 8 EPS.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
none
Apr 11, 2005
It’s just opening the EPS preview–likely because it can’t recognize the EPS itself. Older versions of Photoshop can have trouble opening newer versions of Illustrator EPS files.

Try saving the file from Illustrator as an Illustrator 8 EPS.

Thanks for the tip – I had suspected that but saved in in a few older formats (as far back as 5.5) and it didn’t do it. It still opened what looks like the TIFF preview.
T
Tacit
Apr 11, 2005
In article <_Oz6e.601$>,
"James U." wrote:

Thanks for the tip – I had suspected that but saved in in a few older formats (as far back as 5.5) and it didn’t do it. It still opened what looks like the TIFF preview.

In that case, something strange is going on–is the EPS rasterizer plugin installed correctly? What happens if you save the EPS without a preview?

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
none
Apr 13, 2005
In that case, something strange is going on–is the EPS rasterizer plugin installed correctly? What happens if you save the EPS without a preview?

If I try to open an EPS without a TIFF preview it says it cannot open the file because it is not the right type of document. Hmmm.

How can I reinstall the EPS rasterizer plugin? Should I just try reinstalling Photoshop?

Thanks for your help.
T
Tacit
Apr 14, 2005
In article <QGf7e.2078$>,
"James U." wrote:

If I try to open an EPS without a TIFF preview it says it cannot open the file because it is not the right type of document. Hmmm.

I’ll assume that the EPS file has a .eps extension, yes?

How can I reinstall the EPS rasterizer plugin? Should I just try reinstalling Photoshop?

Yes, that should do the trick if the problem is indeed a missing EPS rasterizer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections