A
Posted By
Allen
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several brushes that I downloaded which make various swirls and arcs that are not symmetric.

I was wondering if it’s possible to reverse these brushes (use their mirror image) without having to re-define new ones from the old? I’ve been searching through the brush options and have made use of changing the angle and roundness, but I can’t seem to find how to get the brush to "flip" horizontally.

It would seem there must be a way to do this. Some of the example work I’ve seen done with these brushes looked like the artist did just that.

thanks,
Allen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GP
Gene Palmiter
May 20, 2004
brush onto a transparent layer…and flip that.

"Allen" wrote in message
I have several brushes that I downloaded which make various swirls and arcs that are not symmetric.

I was wondering if it’s possible to reverse these brushes (use their mirror image) without having to re-define new ones from the old? I’ve been searching through the brush options and have made use of changing the angle and roundness, but I can’t seem to find how to get the brush to "flip" horizontally.

It would seem there must be a way to do this. Some of the example work I’ve seen done with these brushes looked like the artist did just that.

thanks,
Allen
B
bigmatt304
May 21, 2004
what version of photoshop do you use? CS allows you to flip x and y axis in brush windows. Go to window/ brushes/brush tip shape. Otherwise I think you will have to do brush in file and flip. Then create brush.

"Allen" wrote in message

thanks,
Allen
A
Allen
May 28, 2004
On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:27:08 -0400, "Harkord F." wrote:

what version of photoshop do you use? CS allows you to flip x and y axis in brush windows. Go to window/ brushes/brush tip shape. Otherwise I think you will have to do brush in file and flip. Then create brush.

I’m using 7.0.1

Ah well…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections