Posted By
Jason_De_Donno
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

How can you successfully convert a selection to a path? I use the tool at the bottom of the paths palette, but the created path does not accurately follow the moving ants selection. It seems to lack anchor points, and the cuvres are too approximate. How can you fix this?

While I’m on the subject, is the use of a clipping path the only way you can get vignette style images into InDesign? I thought that there might be an easier way using alpha channels?

Jason

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobLevine
May 18, 2004
With InDesign simply save as PSD and all transparency will be retained.

Bob
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 18, 2004
Jason,

It seems to lack anchor points, and the cuvres are too approximate. How can you fix this?

Two fixes:

Start with a higher resolution file

or

Alt-click the Convert to Path icon and select a lower threshold for path precision.

Mathias
JD
Jason_De_Donno
May 19, 2004
Thanks Mathias – it was the alt-click that I couldn’t figure out, but you tip about using a higher resolution file is a good one.

Bob, thanks for the reply. I couldn’t get your suggestion to work in InDesign. I know that it works in Illustrator, but in InDesign the transaparency part was filled with white.
B
BobLevine
May 19, 2004
Then the graphic didn’t have a transparent background.

Bob
JD
Jason_De_Donno
May 26, 2004
Hi Bob

Got it work the second time – don’t know what I did wrong the first time. But thanks anyway.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections