A
Posted By
Anonymoose
Dec 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hope someone can recommend a way to attack this. When I print on "normal" inkjet paper, I’m getting the color I expect (which is purple), but when I print on glossy paper, I’m getting violet…much, much too blue. I’ve got an HP officejet printer and I checked to make sure the correct color management profile is selected for it. Right now I’m dorking with the Saturation, Brightness, and Tone to try to adjust it, but even at the most extreme settings (Saturation Mutedest and Color Tone Warmest) I’m not near the correct color.

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Scroobie
Dec 17, 2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:53:51 -0600, Anonymoose <menolikeyspam> wrote:

Hope someone can recommend a way to attack this. When I print on "normal" inkjet paper, I’m getting the color I expect (which is purple), but when I print on glossy paper, I’m getting violet…much, much too blue. I’ve got an HP officejet printer and I checked to make sure the correct color management profile is selected for it. Right now I’m dorking with the Saturation, Brightness, and Tone to try to adjust it, but even at the most extreme settings (Saturation Mutedest and Color Tone Warmest) I’m not near the correct color.

Any ideas?

You failed to mention what brand of glossy paper you are using with the HP. These and other inkjet dye-based printers can be sensitive to the papers used, and this often leads to off-colors. I presume these are due to chemical reactions between the dyes and the absorption layer of the glossy paper. I have heard that Kodak papers are compatible with HP, but can’t verify that.
N
nospam
Jan 25, 2004
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:48:39 GMT, Scroobie wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:53:51 -0600, Anonymoose <menolikeyspam> wrote:

Any ideas?

You failed to mention what brand of glossy paper you are using with the HP. These and other inkjet dye-based printers can be sensitive to the papers used, and this often leads to off-colors. I presume these are due to chemical reactions between the dyes and the absorption layer of the glossy paper. I have heard that Kodak papers are compatible with HP, but can’t verify that.

What the heck – it’s been a month waiting

It is a =fundamental= of color management that your devices should be profiled once for each medium / brand of media / type ro style of media, etc.

Four paper types = four printer profiles, etc.

IF you do not do this, you will likely wind up ith ugly prints on three out of the four types. 🙂

-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
"The first step in intelligent tinkering is to
save all the parts." – Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections