B
Posted By
Bernie
Mar 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photograph of a man with a 1 1/2 day beard growth – black stubble. How can I give him a Photoshop shave?

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Hecate
Mar 21, 2005
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:25:01 -0500, John W <> wrote:

I have a photograph of a man with a 1 1/2 day beard growth – black stubble. How can I give him a Photoshop shave?

Carefully 😉

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
CD
Colin D
Mar 21, 2005
John W wrote:

John

Photoshop is good, but I fear it isn’t *that* good.

Try enlarging the image until the pixels are visible, then use a very small clone tool, only a couple of pixels wide. ‘Shave’ each whisker, one at a time. Sooner you than me,

Colin
R
Rick
Mar 21, 2005
<John W>

| I have a photograph of a man with a 1 1/2 day beard growth – black | stubble. How can I give him a Photoshop shave?
|

It’s a very tedious job how much is it worth for someone else to do the work?
MJ
Monty Jake Monty
Mar 21, 2005
You might try copying the area to a new layer, setting the layer mode to lighten and nudging it a few pixels. Try different directions to find which works best. Then mask out the bits that don’t work. This may do a good deal of the job. Use the stamp tool to clean up the rest.

Steve

— faith \’fath\ n : firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Webster’s Dictionary

Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:25:01 -0500
Subject: how to remove stubble

John
R
Rob
Mar 22, 2005
Very very carefully!!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Interested in the UK Republican Movement?

Visit —> http://www.republic.org.uk <—

MR
Mike Russell
Mar 22, 2005
John W wrote:

This is discussed in Dan Margulis’s Professional Photoshop. In a nutshell, convert to CMYK and blur the cyan plate.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
M
Marsupilami
Mar 22, 2005
Mike Russell wrote:
John W wrote:

This is discussed in Dan Margulis’s Professional Photoshop. In a nutshell, convert to CMYK and blur the cyan plate.

There also a small training on Eisman’s restoration book.

Houba houba.
Marsu.
"Le num
M
Marsupilami
Mar 22, 2005

In France we dream at the same "head of state" as you do. 😉

Houba houba.
Marsu.
"Le num
H
Hecate
Mar 22, 2005
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:37:02 +0000, Rob
wrote:

Very very carefully!!

Seeing as I’ve been a republican for longer than I’ve been able to vote.. 😉

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
B
Bernie
Mar 23, 2005
Thanks all for all the suggestions:

I didn’t do the "clone out one whisker at a time" suggestion. Life’s too short.

– Pixel nudge and lighten" worked well and was quick. – I didn’t have the details on the Margulis method but blurring the cyan about 10 pixels looked good
– The Eisman method which involves making a pattern out of a dust and scratches blur looked slightly better.

They all turned a 1 1/2 day beard into 5 o’clock shadow. Not perfect but much better.

Thanks,

John
S
SJB
Mar 23, 2005
Sorry I didn’t see the original post. Try this:

1. Gaussian blur the image fairly heavily. Apply enough blur to make the stubble disappear.
2. Set this state to be the history state in the History Palette
3. In the History Palette now return to the previous state prior to
blurring the image.
4. Select the History Brush, change the opacity to 25% or so and the mode to "lighten"
5. Paint over the stubble with repeated brush strokes until the stubble disappears to your liking.

Enjoy.

SB

<John W> wrote in message

John
B
Bernie
Mar 24, 2005
Thanks, a very direct way to solve the problem that gives results similar, possibly slightly better, than the others, although it is hard to compare since I used different effective blurs in each. The Margolis "blur the cyan" method looks sharper, but the beard is more noticeable.

John

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections