MT
Posted By
Mike Tredeau
Mar 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Problem w/diffuse glow filter. I getting results that are reversed from what I expect. Instead of white areas glowing white, they are glowing (if that is the word) black.
Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Skinner
Mar 13, 2005
Mike Tredeau wrote in
news::

Problem w/diffuse glow filter. I getting results that are reversed from what I expect. Instead of white areas glowing white, they are glowing (if that is the word) black.

The glow will be in whatever color you have set as foreground.
B
Brian
Mar 14, 2005
Chuck Skinner wrote:

Mike Tredeau wrote in

Hi there,

Chuck, it is actually the background colour which the Diffuse Glow filter follows, but thanks for the tip, I never realised that before. My background colour is white 99% of the time, so I have always received ‘expected’ results. That feature you have pointed out is quite useful for special effects. Thanks again!

Brian.
MT
Mike Tredeau
Mar 14, 2005
Brian wrote in news:4234DA2B.4080503
@optusnet.com.au:

Chuck Skinner wrote:

Mike Tredeau wrote in

Hi there,

Chuck, it is actually the background colour which the Diffuse Glow filter follows, but thanks for the tip, I never realised that before. My background colour is white 99% of the time, so I have always received ‘expected’ results. That feature you have pointed out is quite useful for special effects. Thanks again!

Brian.

YES! That’s it! (Background color that is.) I never saw a mention of that in the help files. Prehaps I didn’t look hard enough. THANK YOU!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections