Posted By
luke williams
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

The extras in Photoshop 7.0 is always on! Is there a way to remove it without having to press Ctrl-H everytime? I work on 30 documents at a time and when I open them, they all have the extras visible ! Is there a way to set Photoshop so the extras won’t appear when you open documents?

Thanks.

🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
Ol__Whozit
May 12, 2004
Ummmm….View, Extras, uncheck it?
LW
luke williams
May 12, 2004
Thanks and I knew that but is there no way to not have the extras automatically be on the screen when you open documents?

Yes – I can manually uncheck the extras but it is annoying when you open 30 documents at a time (with Windows Explorer) and have to uncheck extras on each of the images…

Suggestions?

L.
DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2004
open one image, do what OW says. close the image. that should save it as your prefrence.
LW
luke williams
May 12, 2004
Thanks – BUT that does not work…..

🙁

Other solution?
B
BobLevine
May 12, 2004
Try turning it off with nothing open. Close Photoshop and then reopen.

If that doesn’t fix it then trash your prefs.

Bob
LW
luke williams
May 12, 2004
🙁

No. That did not work either… How do you trash the preferences?
B
BobLevine
May 12, 2004
Details in the FAQs.

Bob
LW
luke williams
May 12, 2004
OK – I’ll go and read them. Thanks.
AJ
Allen_Jackson
May 12, 2004
Where are the FAQs located Please??

ALDEB
DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2004
the faq is at the top of the topic list… here’s a direct link for resetting the prefs:

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 1:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
AJ
Allen_Jackson
May 12, 2004
Luke,

Blessings to you!-

I just went to view and under the SHOW button I clicked none.

Now when I open PS7 the extra is still checked but nothing is showing. I do not know if that is this solution helps you are not.

ALDEB
LW
luke williams
May 12, 2004
Actually I had tried that (Show and click none) but it did not fix the problem. What did fix the problem was:

As you launch PhotoShop, press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift then PS will ask you if you want to reset the preferences. If you reset them, Photoshop will not show the extras ANYMORE !!!!!

Yeah !

🙂

L.
LM
Lynch_Mike
May 13, 2004
As you launch PhotoShop, press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift then PS will ask you if you want to reset the preferences. If you reset them, Photoshop will not show the extras ANYMORE !!!!!

Yippee!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections