JM
Posted By
Jason_Mortimer
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am somewhat new to the Adobe forum and am wondering who LenHewitt and Dave Milbut are. Are they great graphic designers. They are indeed respected in here. That is obvious. Like Gods or something. Just curious… Also do they have websites/work that can be viewed online?

Thanks,
Jason Mortimer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BR
ben_rr
May 11, 2004
Since you are asking a third person, not Len or Dave directly, let me say my opinion.

I am relatively new as well, more like a wanderer who goes in and out, so take my observation with a grain of salt. Len I believe is one of the moderators. Dave is a volunteer. I learned a few brush strokes, in a manner of speaking, just from reading their reply to inquiries, just as I learned from many other contributors and forum members. At one time, I smiled while Dave got into a healthy argument with a forum member but nothing he couldn’t handle. Len is always ready to help. Her job is somewhat thankless, since there were a few she helped out who still manages to give a left-handed compliment, if you get my drift. Same goes with Dave.

I envy Dave because he knows a lot. Maybe too much for his own good, heheh. Sorry Dave, I mean well=) I don’t know if they have Websites to show their stuff but generally, what they advice always finds the mark when I replicate them on my system.

They are not gods although that is not to say they won’t accept offerings, eheh.

Len and Dave are helpful folks. Sometimes, just sometimes, they get into a scuffle, nothing serious with a few folks around here. Of the two, Len is more diplomatic and Dave is directly honest=)
GS
Gustavo_Sanchez
May 11, 2004
Len is a host from the British side and his opinion and person are generally respected not only because of that but because of his attitude (though he is a bit trigger happy on setting things r/o <g>). He won his spurs long ago.

Dave is a user and… well. Dave is Dave 😉

In Photoshop forums there are (afaik) Bob Levine (host. Win mainly) and Ian Lyons and Neil Keller (hosts too. Mac side mainly).

Not long ago there was a very nice hostess called Carol Steele.

I remember that there was a web page in these forums introducing the hosts, but nowdayas it seems to have been dropped.

(All this is, of course, just my personal view. There are some people that might disagree, the above mentioned included).
BR
ben_rr
May 11, 2004
Oooppss…

Apologies to Mr LenHewitt. I thought Len was a girl!

Sorry.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
May 11, 2004
LMFAO, This topic has started my day with a smile 🙂
L
LenHewitt
May 11, 2004
Jason,

Are they great graphic designers. <<

Far from it! My design skills are severely limited, and I’m one of those who ‘designs by modification’ <g>

I am a Forum Host here and have been moderating on Adobe Forums for the past 10 years or so, and have been using Photoshop since v.2.5 (the first Windows version), Illustrator since v.4.0 and Pagemaker since v.3.0.

For 15 years I was mainly an industrial photographer, but for the past 6 years or so most of my time is spent in web programming, mostly server-side and database.

Our web site is http://www.cdds.co.uk/new/ (and yes, it is overdue a considerable face-lift, both appearance and content!).

I’ll let Milbut speak for himself <g> (but he is a professional programmer, not a designer)
L
LenHewitt
May 11, 2004
I thought Len was a girl!<<

[Note to self: Must become more Macho-Aggressive] <g>
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2004
Are they great graphic designers. <<

programmer, mostly vb and web right now, but moving back into c++ and into c# very soon (god I can only hope! <g>) and ex hardware tech support guy. never been a designer. couldn’t draw a straight line w/o photoshop or something to trace! 🙂

I envy Dave because he knows a lot. Maybe too much for his own good, heheh

thanks, um, i think. 😉
DM
Don_McCahill
May 11, 2004
Len may not claim to be a great designer, but he is an absolute wizard on the technical side of things, and has a wealth of information about printing processes as well.

Another name to look for is Chris Cox, who is one of Adobe’s senior programmers for Photoshop. He visits often, and it is wise to listen to what he says. You may not understand it all, but you know stuff from him is always right. As it is from Len.

Dave, on the other hand …

Just kidding, Dave is also right on most of the time.
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2004
nice. 🙁
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 11, 2004
If dave ever gives even slighly wrong advice, he will absolutely overturn anything in his way to set matters right. very rare in today’s world.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 11, 2004
Mike, on the other hand is out of his mind, due to the tide pools of the gravitational pull of the insanity that lurks from within, that has been brought on by endless abuse from others that have no business doing what they do.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 11, 2004
As I said, Dave, I was just kidding. I was trying to point out that Chris and Len belong in the category of Photoshop gods. You are merely in the upper echelon of we mortals. I would never slam someone who clearly knows more about the program than I do, and you fit that category.

What impresses me most about Dave is that he seems to live in the forum. Messages answered seconds after they are asked … it’s amazing.
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2004
since i’m always at a computer somewhere i can check in a lot.

I used to be a god, but gave it up. too many whiny people.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 11, 2004
"since i’m always at a computer somewhere i can check in a lot"

Dave, if I were to translate that phrase to my own situtation, I’d say "since I’m always at a computer somewhere, it’s easy to be distracted from whatever work I should really be doing" 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2004
don’t say distracted, say "other" thinking to clear the mind and formulate a solution to a problem.
JM
Jason_Mortimer
May 11, 2004
Well, Len and Dave… Nice to meet you… Thanks for the anticipated response. I figured out who Chris Cox was. Oh yeah, Len, what are you doing Saturday night. oops… You’re a guy! lol. Thanks again.

Jason Mortimer
wrote in message
don’t say distracted, say "other" thinking to clear the mind and formulate
a solution to a problem.
G
graffiti
May 11, 2004
Pssst! Hey Buddy.

Want to buy milbuts phone number?
JD
John_Davies
May 11, 2004
Hi, Len,

I thought Len was a girl!<<

Does Emma know???

[Note to self: Must drain the splurted Burgundy from the keyboard immediately.]

Iechyd da! John
23:04 11/05/2004 BST
L
LenHewitt
May 11, 2004
I’m so glad that give you a goood chuckle, BJ!

(But is is going to cost you at least one pint of Pedi…)
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 11, 2004
Well it looks like John is in fine fettle this year – with Liverpool looking like finishing 4th and auto qualifying for Europe sure has done wonders for his moral. Just think what it would be like if they’d actually won the league 😉

Ian (Arsenal fan since 69 – OK, I’m sick!)
SJ
Stevie_J_V
May 11, 2004
Any takers on Daves phone number??? 😉
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 11, 2004
Hey, I’ll take it.

And, I have Grafs number….;-)
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 11, 2004
Ian (Arsenal fan since 69 – OK, I’m sick!)

Sure you want to admit character flaws like that in public Ian. Now if you’d said 99 – acceptable. Other hobbies at that time included watching paint dry and learning the Photoshop manual by heart backwards.

(OK I admit it – Spurs fan since 60, best football moment of this year – Robbie Keane’s penalty)
May 12, 2004
So whatever did happen to Carole Steele?
She gave me heaps of very helpful hints when I first started 5-6 years ago. And Vicky……Cravey(?) Can’t remember her surname. – Another very helpful, knowledgeable person who I think has disappeared.
DM
dave_milbut
May 12, 2004
and vicky’s turtle? 🙂

carol said she was picking up lots of wedding photos and hosting another forum (for wedding photogs, i gather) and couldn’t devote as much time here.
JD
John_Davies
May 12, 2004
Hi, Len,

going to cost you at least one pint of Pedi…)

It’s worth far more! Have one on me in the mean time.

Hi, Ian!

Liverpool looking like finishing 4th

Looking good. I was at LFC v ‘Boro the week before last, and Manchester U the week before – EXCELLENT win over the Manks. Had to watch Brummy C V LFC on the box on Saturday where the Reds gave their best performance of the season, and I’m praying for a ticket v NUFC on Saturday – though it could all be over tomorrow if Southampton do the biz.

AND – Rhyl are in the Champions League. Rhyl, yes, that Rhyl – Wales’ answer to Blackpool! Unseeded, of course. Full details at:
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2004.html>

Iechyd da! John
01:37 12/05/2004 BST
B
BobLevine
May 12, 2004
I think Vickey’s giving out Wacom brochures in airports. <g>

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections