Magazine tear and/or cut out effect in Photoshop.

JC
Posted By
Joseph Chamberlain
Sep 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear members:

I am trying to find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect with Photoshop but haven’t had any luck.

The effect I am looking for is the one where you place on a document a strip cut out from a newspaper or magazine header to illustrate that it refers to a published article. I have seen it before on different web sites and PowerPoint presentations. The "strip" is cut from the image of a magazine or newspaper page and then placed on a different photoshop document with drop shadows to simulate it has been placed almost in a similar fashion we would do when working with scrap books.

Do any of you know how this effect is called ? I have seen references to "snippets" but this doesn’t seem to be the appropriate description for this.

Can anyone suggest a web page or book where I can find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joseph Chamberlain

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
Nnamegah
Sep 27, 2008
JRC schreef:
Dear members:

I am trying to find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect with Photoshop but haven’t had any luck.

The effect I am looking for is the one where you place on a document a strip cut out from a newspaper or magazine header to illustrate that it refers to a published article. I have seen it before on different web sites and PowerPoint presentations. The "strip" is cut from the image of a magazine or newspaper page and then placed on a different photoshop document with drop shadows to simulate it has been placed almost in a similar fashion we would do when working with scrap books.

Do any of you know how this effect is called ? I have seen references to "snippets" but this doesn’t seem to be the appropriate description for this.

Can anyone suggest a web page or book where I can find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joseph Chamberlain

How about looking for photoshop tutorial torn newspaper:

http://www.tutorialhero.com/click-8258-torn_newspaper_effect .php

Maybe this helps.

Best,

Carlo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections