Posted By
etobicoke555
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
To Insert jpg images into WordPerfct Suite 8 Dec 09-2003

Over the years I have scanned jpg images into Photoshop, made adjustments, and saved them as jpg"s with the same properties, into a computer folder " XYZ"

One can scan jpg images from the HP 4400C scanner directly into a WP8 document.

One can select a jpg image from your Windows Explorer , then, [ Open With][Corel WordPerfect][OK] with success.

From within Wp 8 , one can select {File][Open] and select the image from a "Computer Folder" of jpg images and [Open] with success.

However these procedures do not apply to my very recent scanning of thirty jpg images into Photoshop , same as always, without receiving the following notice in WordPerfect"s Convert File Format" box , as follows : " Unsupported Format" . Yet I can open the jpg’s in Photoshop or any other Image Editor e.g. ADCSee with no problem

My OS is Windows 2000 Pro / 512Mb DD Ram/ AMD 2500 +

Please help and thank you.

Dr Fimio

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tom187
Dec 10, 2003
"Gordon J. Fimio DDS FAGD" wrote:

To Insert jpg images into WordPerfct Suite 8 Dec 09-2003

—- large snip —-

From within Wp 8 , one can select {File][Open] and select the image from a "Computer Folder" of jpg images and [Open] with success.
However these procedures do not apply to my very recent scanning of thirty jpg images into Photoshop , same as always, without receiving the following notice in WordPerfect"s Convert File Format" box , as follows : " Unsupported Format" . Yet I can open the jpg’s in Photoshop or any other Image Editor e.g. ADCSee with no problem

Same hardware, same software yet something has changed. The first place to look is the "save" settings you’re using for your JPG files in Photoshop. Have you inadvertently saved CMYK JPGs? Photoshop will write them, but many programs can’t read them. Or, perhaps you’ve saved them as progressive JPGs. Maybe you’ve included thumbnails or other image info. that WordPerfect doesn’t like.

Often we (or someone using the machine) check or uncheck an option or a radio button without noticing and that continues to be the default until it’s changed again. I’ll bet it’s one of the above. Open one of them up in Photoshop and look at its properties.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
AM
Andrew Morton
Dec 10, 2003
Did you accidentally save the jpegs with a setting other than "Baseline (standard)"?
You can check what they were saved as by opening them in Photoshop and then choosing Save As…

Andrew
T
tacitr
Dec 10, 2003
Over the years I have scanned jpg images into Photoshop, made adjustments, and saved them as jpg"s with the same properties, into a computer folder "XYZ"

For starters, why are you using JPEG? JPEG files use "lossy" compression. When you save a JPEG, the quality of the image is deliberately degraded. If you open a JPEG, edit it, and save it again, the quality is degraded still more.

Do not use JPEG for print. JPEG is intended for the Web, where file size is important and quality is not important.

However these procedures do not apply to my very recent scanning of thirty jpg images into Photoshop , same as always, without receiving the following notice in WordPerfect"s Convert File Format" box , as follows : " Unsupported Format" .

You have saved the JPEG in a way WP can’t understand. You most likely instructed Photoshop to include a color profile or a thumbnail in the image. It’s also possible that you have saved a CMYK JPEG; WordPerfect does not understand CMYK JPEGs.

But you souldn’t really be using JPEG images for print anyway. Use TIFF or some other lossless file format.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections