Have the brush roll over to the other side of image.

T
Posted By
tooGreat
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using photoshop 7.

I want to know if there is any way, when you are drawing with a brush or a pencil, to have the brush roll over to the other side of the image when you reach one edge.

Meaning if I drag the brush all the way to the right edge it should pop-up at the left edge. Mainly so I can easily keep the image seamless.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MA
Mark_Allen
May 9, 2004
Have you thought about using the "Texture Filter" under Filter>Pattern Maker. It has the ability for wrap around and continuing seamless image.

Also, try using a blank layer and sample from each end of the underlying image with "use all layers" box checked and blend the seam.

Regards

Mark
T
tooGreat
May 9, 2004
Pattern maker doesn’t give very good results because it tends to fragment the image and break any smooth lines. Stamp tool works better but still is not exactly want i want.

I’m primarily interested in having the brush roll to the other side of the screen. Since you didn’t mention anything about that I’ll assume that it is probably not doable. It would be nice if it was though.
JR
Jens_R_B_Hansen
May 10, 2004
This would be a nice feeature. I suggest you post it in the "feature request".
JR
John_R_Nielsen
May 10, 2004
If you use the Offset filter, you can pretty much accomlish this. It moves the edges into the interior of the image, so you can paint across them. This is quite usefull for making seamless patterns.
T
tooGreat
May 11, 2004
That’s how I’m doing it right now. Kinda time consuming though, because you have to go through all the brushes and colors and patterns again.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections