MM
Posted By
Mac_McDougald
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You are upsampling. Interpolating (adding) pixels.
In PS 7, there are only 3 choices: Bicubic, Bilinear, Nearest Neighbor. PS CS has a couple of more.

At any rate, sounds as if you are using Transform in a layer. It will use whatever option is set as default (bicubic is default in PS 7 and before).

If you want to be able to change on the fly, best to upsample the image before dragging into the second image.

Or you can change interpolation default in prefs.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

X
Xeon
May 9, 2004
Hi!

Is it possible to disable/turn off anti-aliasing in PhotoShop?

Cos’ if you paste an picture in PhotoShop, for example, and you resize the thing, PhotoShop will automatically perform anti-aliasing on the image to make it look "smoother".

How do I turn this anti-aliasing off?

Thanks! 🙂
Xeon.
P
Phosphor
May 9, 2004
Photoshop.

No capital "s".
X
Xeon
May 10, 2004
Thanks a lot, Phosphor and Mac! 🙂

Basically, what I wanna do is to change the settings such that when I transform(resize) an image, the effect is like in MS Paint.

No anti-aliasing or smoothing. Just rough, ugly and sharp pixels.

Good day,
Xeon.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 10, 2004
Then use Nearest Neighbour in preferences.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections