B
Posted By
Berks
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I blur the background behind a subject I have the subject on one layer and the entire picture on another an the subject blurs also leaving a glow around them, how do I create it so there is no glow? If I cut them out it leaves a blurred hole and even when I only use one layer and select everything but the subject and blur I still get the glow around the subject. I am at a loss of what to do.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LM
Lynch_Mike
May 9, 2004
You need to first make a separate layer with just the subject. Next make a third layer with just the background (with the subject cut out)(select the empty area in the second layer and apply it to the first layer -copy and paste) Now you have a background- only layer to blur.
JR
John_R_Nielsen
May 10, 2004
Was the subject cut out from the background? If so, use the Smudge tool or the Clone Stamp to bring the background into the edges of the subject on the background layer. You don’t have to eliminate the subject entirely, and it doesn’t have to be perfect, since the subject layer will be hiding it. Then, when you blur the background, the edges of the subject won’t be there, so no halo.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections