LN
Posted By
Luis_Norona
May 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello, it seems my friend enjoyed using his camera with a lot of flash and now some pictures look very bad.
ive tried everything I know, but cant get them right.
someone, please post your method for fixing these shiny images.

thanks bye

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2004
post one (or more) as an example. shiny can mean a lot of things.
LN
Luis_Norona
May 7, 2004
yeah, when there is a lot of light in a picture, when you used a lot of flash in the camera, when black people look like ghosts.

haha, hope that gives a clue
thanks
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 7, 2004
Luis,

If the flash came out that strong, I’d suggest just bopping your friend on the head with his camera to smack some "lighting sense" into him so he doesn’t repeat the mistake. ha! It sounds like the lighting is too harsh to be correctable.

Daryl
G
graffiti
May 7, 2004
You can TRY adjusting levels I suppose but…

I’d suggest just bopping your friend on the head with his camera to smack some "lighting sense" into him

Or maybe it’ll break the flash so he can’t use it anymore.
DK
Deb_Kowal
May 8, 2004
Dear Luis:
There MAY be a place where you can try to fix this. Open up your picture and then click Filter>Render>Lighting Effects. This is a place where you can change to direction and/or place where the light goes on your picture. Maybe you can divert the flash to go to the side of the face of your picture. Leave the STYLE to default, but change the LIGHT TYPE to Omni and then move the circle around to see if you can get it away fromt the face a little. I only found out about this yesterday from a friend and have not played with it alot. Good Luck!
Hope this helps!
Deb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections