E
Posted By
exingo
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using the Magic Eraser to quickly delete a person from the background. I then want to go back and selectively add back part of the person that was deleted while using the Magic Eraser tool.

Each time I try to paint back the "arm" of the person deleted with the Magic Eraser tool, it gives me the following message:

Could not use the history brush because the history state does not contain a corresponding layer.

I am using the same layer that the person was on that I used the Magic Eraser tool on.

What is wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RW
Rene_Walling
May 5, 2004
It’s most likely that the history brush is set to a state before the layer you are currently using existed.
E
exingo
May 5, 2004
ok, that was it. i have never used the state part. so if i want to go back in time, do i select the state of histroy that i want to paint back to? is that how it works?

wrote in message
It’s most likely that the history brush is set to a state before the layer
you are currently using existed.
RL
Robert_Levine
May 5, 2004
Yes. You take snapshots as you go along and then choose the snapshot you wish to use the history brush with.

Bob
MM
Mike_Marketello
May 5, 2004
Just wondering, why don’t you mask it, that way you will always be able to go back and alter his arm. If you erase it, and then close the file, or lose power, your done!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections