RM
Posted By
Ryan_Matthews
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This may sound like a pretty basic question but I’m trying to create a rectangle using the "rectangle tool" but every time I go to use it, photoshop only lets me create a perfect square consisting of 4 equal sides.
How can I remove this feature so I can create rectangles? Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
emencz
May 4, 2004
Check the settings in the options bar at the top of the canvas.
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 4, 2004
Sounds to me like your rectangle options are fixed as a square, do the following.

Click on rectangle tool, then go up to the options bar just below the menu bar. You should see two drop down boxes choose the one that when you click it it says RECTANGLE OPTIONS. In here you can either select the exact size you want in ‘fix size’, set a fixed square(which is probably what you have) or select unconstrained to draw out the shape to any size.

I haven’t quite worked how to resize the shape once I have drawn if I want to change it slightly without deleting and starting again.
If you work this one out let me know.

If you want to change the colour or anything just go into your layers tab, select that layer and double click to the left side of the selection in the coloured box bit or select the lay then right click and you will get more options.

Hope this helps!!
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 4, 2004
Sounds to me like your rectangle options are fixed as a square, do the following.

Click on rectangle tool, then go up to the options bar just below the menu bar. You should see two drop down boxes choose the one that when you click it it says RECTANGLE OPTIONS. In here you can either select the exact size you want in ‘fix size’, set a fixed square(which is probably what you have) or select unconstrained to draw out the shape to any size.

I haven’t quite worked how to resize the shape once I have drawn if I want to change it slightly without deleting and starting again.
If you work this one out let me know.

If you want to change the colour or anything just go into your layers tab, select that layer and double click to the left side of the selection in the coloured box bit or select the lay then right click and you will get more options.

Hope this helps!!
ML
Mike_Logan
May 5, 2004
Definitely the Marquee Options Tool Menu solution already offered. But if you have a selected area, colour it and then to "Edit> Transform> and Scale – dragging the selction points accordingly.
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 6, 2004
Edit>Transform>Scale

Nice!

It’s been bugging me for ages.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections