LY
Posted By
Larry_Young
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an Olympus E-1 digital and its images are not working in PowerPoint even following sizing in Photoshop 7. Any ideas – Please. Larry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
d._wade_thompson
May 1, 2004
what do you mean by "not working"?

give as much info as you can so people can narrow down the problem

wade
RL
Robert_Levine
May 1, 2004
For best results in PowerPoint save as JPG.

Bob
LY
Larry_Young
May 1, 2004
I am taking my images in high quality jpg and sizing them down to 640 X 480 and 80 dpi and using the insert tool to place them into PowerPoint. All goes well making and playing back the finished PPT presentation on my hp Kayak Workstation on XP, but taking the program to my Dell Latitude D600 or wife’s Sony Vio laptops the images change in color, and the PPT program shuts down sending an error message to MS. Both laptops have 512 mem.

I am using an Olympus E-1 camera at 2560 X 1920. and wonder if the hidden data on the image files is conflicting with PPT, if so I can not see how to turn that feature off in the camera if I even can.

This problem does not occurr using my old Sony FD88 on any resolution setting.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 2, 2004
Same version of PowerPoint on all three machines?

To test your thesis about info in the file from the Oly, try Save For Web to JPEG out of Photoshop, that will strip EXIF info. Don’t check ICC profile either.

Mac

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections