Undo one operation in the middle of history?

R
Posted By
Roberto
May 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to delete one operation in the middle of history without losing the subsequent changes?

E.g. after I cropped a picture, I added some adjustment layers. Now, I want to save the file without the crop but with the adjustment layers. Possible?

CS2, windowsXP

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
ronviers
May 5, 2008
On May 5, 11:32 am, "peter" wrote:
Is it possible to delete one operation in the middle of history without losing the subsequent changes?

E.g. after I cropped a picture, I added some adjustment layers. Now, I want to save the file without the crop but with the adjustment layers. Possible?
CS2, windowsXP

One possibility would be to save the file then undo to before the crop then open the saved file and drag the layers across.
Good luck,
Ron
K
KatWoman
May 5, 2008
"peter" wrote in message

CS2, windowsXP
there is an option to have history in unordered mode
use the triangle to fly out
then you can delete single states without losing the below steps
J
Joe
May 5, 2008
"peter" wrote:

CS2, windowsXP

As long as the information is still in the history, YES you can go back to save the specific frame you wish then go back to the last part.

Also, you may want to give it a test drive as I am pretty sure that’s how it works, *but* I also read or seen some part of history get wiped out after the SAVE command. I saw it happened several times on older Photoshop and I haven’t run into the similar on CS2 and haven’t had much time to play with CS3 to know much about CS3

Also, if you are working on some important change and you think you may want to go back to the older step’s, then I would suggest you to learn to use the SNAP-SHOT option. I don’t use Snap-Shot often but couple times to give me a piece of mind to try new thing.
N
nomail
May 6, 2008
KatWoman wrote:

"peter" wrote in message

CS2, windowsXP

That is a common misunderstanding. Yes, you can set ‘non-linear’ history in the history preferences. Yes, that means that you can delete steps from the history panel without loosing the next steps in the panel. Unfortunately, that deletes only the steps in the history palette, though. But it does not delete the action itself.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
HL
Harry Lockwood
May 6, 2008
In article <1igiwof.ux9vc9tr2di2N%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

KatWoman wrote:

"peter" wrote in message

CS2, windowsXP

That is a common misunderstanding. Yes, you can set ‘non-linear’ history in the history preferences. Yes, that means that you can delete steps from the history panel without loosing the next steps in the panel. Unfortunately, that deletes only the steps in the history palette, though. But it does not delete the action itself.

Quite correct. I found that out the hard way.

HFL

Change hlockwood to hflockwood in email address

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections