BR
Posted By
Brett_Rowett
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When importing an image from my Nikon Scanner using the Import function, the following error message occurs:

"Could not complete the Import command because of a problem with the acquisition module interface."

PhotoShop CS hangs on this message and needs to be terminated using the Windows Task Manager.

I am running Windows XP Pro, PhotoShop CS, and Nikon Scan 4.0.0.

Brett Rowett
Sacramento CA

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 29, 2004
Try reinstalling the scanner software.

Bob
BR
Brett_Rowett
May 3, 2004
Reinstalling Nikon Scan did correct this problem. However, I think PhotoShop should be able to recover from this type of error rather than hanging (which requires a forced Windows cancellation).

My problem is fixed now, though. thanks…
CC
Chris_Cox
May 4, 2004
Photoshop can’t recover when the problem is in the device driver… (and Nikon Scan is known to corrupt memory)
EB
Eric_Brody
May 19, 2004
I too have had some extraordinarily frustrating moments. Photoshop (CS) often and unpredictably just shuts down when I close Nikon Scan (4.0) after scanning a bunch of images with Nikon Scan as a Photoshop plug-in. I then have to start Photoshop all over AGAIN, import Nikon Scan, again, and start AGAIN from scratch.

I cannot understand why this combination gives me so much trouble. Am I the only one with this problem besides th other posters in this thread? I’ve tried re-installing Nikon Scan with no change. I’d re-download it but the Nikon USA website seems to be down now.

I’ve resorted to using Nikon Scan as an independent program, saving the files as TIFFS and then opening them in Photoshop. While this works, it’s not what I’d prefer to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Eric
EB
Eric_Brody
May 19, 2004
Sorry to repost so quickly but I’m not a computer geek. Can Chris comment as to what it means to have Nikon Scan "corrupt memory?" I have also had the same dialog box message as Brett and have had to do the same thing, losing all my scans in the process. I use Windows XP Home on a P4 2.6 with 512 of memory.

Thanks.

Eric
CC
Chris_Cox
May 19, 2004
Eric – exactly that: Nikon Scan corrupts data that doesn’t belong to it.

Nikon Scan is very fragile: save often.
EB
Eric_Brody
May 19, 2004
I emailed the question to Nikon tech support and received the following one line answer…

"Nikon Scan is not currently supported in Photoshop CS."

Now I understand(?)

Eric
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
May 19, 2004
As many people have discovered, it is better to run NS as a standalone, not as a TWAIN under PS.

It is much more stable that way, but as Chris says, save often.

Ken
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 19, 2004
NikonScan 3.1 seems to be a lot more stable. I’ve never had any problems with it under CS. Unless you have got one of the new batch of Nikon scanners, in which case you probably have to use 4, the enhancements in 4 relative to 3.1 do not seem to be worth upgrading for.
BP
Brian_Peart
May 20, 2004
I have also been using NikonScan 3.1 with PSCS and have had no problems whatsoever – its perfectly stable here…

Brian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections