Posted By
Gary Roach
Jan 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this question on this newsgroup, but didn’t get a response:

I’m trying to find software that will alter the appearance of people to change their age. specifically, i want to be able to alter photos of old people to make them look young. eg. from age 65 to age 17. anyone know of anything that will do this? thanks for any help.

anyone know of any web forums to post this question?

Gary Roach
ADB Services

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Clive Croucher
Jan 12, 2005
I have never seen such software available for general use although I believe it is used by the Police. I too would be interested in such software.

Clive

"Gary Roach" wrote in message
I’m trying to find software that will alter the appearance of people to change their age. specifically, i want to be able to alter photos of old people to make them look young. eg. from age 65 to age 17. anyone know of anything that will do this? thanks for any help.

Gary Roach
ADB Services

B
Beachcomber
Jan 12, 2005

Gary Roach
ADB Services
This girl seems to know what’s what.
http://www.dlynnwaldron.com/ageprogression.html
Quote from the site:-
"I often get e-mails inquiring about software into which one can put a photograph and have it automatically turned into an age-progressed portrait. There is no such software. I am a classically trained artist with an ability to observe and portray faces which I have been using professionally for over 45 years. I have also studied physical anthropology which allows me to do a forensic analysis of the structure of a face and understand how age changes it."
N
nomail
Jan 12, 2005
clive wrote:

I have never seen such software available for general use although I believe it is used by the Police. I too would be interested in such software.

I believe they have software that can do the opposite: take a photo of a 17 year old and predict what this person may look like today, now he/ she is ten years older.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
P
Pepe
Jan 12, 2005
"Gary Roach" skrev i meddelandet

Gary Roach
ADB Services

If I take a picture of my wife and scanning the picture into the computer and use this program to make her look younger! Is it the posible to print out a live copy of her??? 20 years younger! Hope it works like that 🙂

Pepe
N
nomail
Jan 12, 2005
Pepe wrote:

If I take a picture of my wife and scanning the picture into the computer and use this program to make her look younger! Is it the posible to print out a live copy of her??? 20 years younger! Hope it works like that 🙂

If she’s twenty years younger, she may not want such an old husband… 😉
P
Pepe
Jan 12, 2005
"Johan W. Elzenga" skrev i meddelandet
Pepe wrote:

If she’s twenty years younger, she may not want such an old husband… 😉

If it will work on her, it will work on me 🙂

pepe
D
duckster
Jan 12, 2005
I’ve seen it most often used when a child is abducted and been missing awhile. Someone does a computer generated age enhancement of how the child might look years later.

But I don’t see why someone with a bit of forensic backgound and a whole lot of skill PS couldn’t do.

Not me, of course, I’m still figuring out how to slice and move heads.

Kelly Kirsch

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections