JL
Posted By
John_Lightfoot
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know whats wrong but hardly any of my filters are working.. when i make a new image its in RGB mode how it usually is but most of the filters dont work. Im running XP also if that makes a difference

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2004
make sure you’re in 8bit, not 16 bit mode. most filters are disabled in ps7 in 16 bit mode.
JL
John_Lightfoot
Apr 26, 2004
Ok its in 8 bit mode.. still not working
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2004
more info is needed then. what filters are disabled? or what do you mean by not working? are you on the correct layer?
JL
John_Lightfoot
Apr 26, 2004
ok what i mean by not working.. is well i use photoshop to make backgrounds for wrestling signatures and stuff.. so I went to make a background so i went to render clouds.. that worked.. then i was messing around and tried to use lense flare that didn’t work then i tried to use distort> Polor coordinates that didn’t work.. im not sure which ones aren’t working but theres not many that do work. and yes im on the right layer.. sorry i don’t really no much about photoshop i just got it a few weekends ago
G
graffiti
Apr 26, 2004
Not sure about the rest but lens flare isn’t available if your image is CMYK.

Edit: If that’s not it, you may want to be a little more specific about what you mean by "doesn’t work".

Can you select the filters? Are they grayed out? If you can select them and do, what exactly happens?
JL
John_Lightfoot
Apr 27, 2004
ok sorry.. im in RGB mode and i can select them..just nothing happens it goes to eye dropper tool after i click one of the filters that "doesn’t work"
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 27, 2004
ah, one or more dialogs is off screen. did you recently come from dual monitors to single? if so, you need to either hook up a 2nd monitor temororarily to get the dialogs back or reset the prefrences per the FAQ. If not, set you screen resolution to maximum (1600×1200?) and try again. drag the dialogs over to the left of the screen. and hit ok.

here’s a couple of faq topics:

Robert Levine "Dialog box is missing??" 2/14/04 6:41pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 1:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections